Frustrating as all get out!!

imaleomom

Songster
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
SC
I've had my incubator up and running for a couple of days. I wanted to make sure temps were stable before adding all of the eggs that I just bought.
Now I've added the eggs this evening and the temps are wonky!!

GRRRR!!!!

Mine did the same thing. Within minutes of adding the eggs, the temperature and humidity skyrocketed and there was condensation on the window. I lowered the thermostat temp and opened the vent holes and it finally regulated.

I read somewhere that when regulating your incubator...it is best to grab some eggs out of the fridge and place them in there.

It makes sense to me that setting the temp/humidity with an *empty* incubator would naturally throw off the settings when you add substance to it.

Am I thinking wrong?

when setting up my bator for new eggs i place two bottles of water in there and set temp and humidty, when i get them where i want them i pull bottles of water out and place eggs in. make it easy to get them where they need to be. william

Quote:
It's a pretty standard Little Giant. It worked great before (on the eggs I got for free). Now that I've actually spent money on eggs however, I get frustrating start!!

When you first put eggs in the incubator, it would be odd if the temps didn't go wacky. Your incubator is set at 100 degrees, more or less, and the temp of the egg can't be more than 75 tops.

General rule of thumb is to set the eggs and walk away, for at least 6 hours. If, when you return, the temps are still goofy, then you should adjust it.

The condensation would have built up on the windows because the temps went down, so that is also normal.

Back
Top Bottom