Frustrating momma

guinealeghorn

Songster
Aug 14, 2016
I had a broody guinea hen, so I let her sit on some eggs. I gave her a dish of water and food. She sat on those eggs until the 26th day. They were supposed to hatch on the 28th. She suddenly decided to up on the eggs. I don't have an incubator, so currently the eggs are wrapped in a towel in an electric blanket. I'm using the temperature for a still air incubator. They were supposed to hatch yesterday, but none pipped. I will give them a few more days, but I don't think they will hatch. Will post updates on this thread.

I just had to bring two duck eggs in to finish hatching with a heat lamp. Lost one and thought the other one had died too. Put them in a basket till I could toss out and when I went back to do it heard peeping from one. Took another 24 hrs and a sleepless night oiling and watching temp but I have a little duckling now! Took way longer then it should have. So dont give up!

It's been 2 days since the supposed hatch date, and the eggs smell pretty bad. Should I give up on them yet? Or is the smell normal? I've never hatched eggs before...

Back
Top Bottom