FS: Chicken saddles (wing protector) and goose, duck, chicken diapers

I'll be ordering soon....
big_smile.png

what's the difference between the saddle and the diaper? I have some chicks that will be three weeks old soon, and I think I'd like to get one for them to wear so I can let them out in the house, and then one for when they're older. They're white leghorns. Any suggestions on what I do sizewise? from neck to vent now I'd say they are roughly 5" maybe a tad bit smaller.

Tess....the rush custom job you did for me on the 3 diapers is awesome! They turned out so cute! My daughters just love them!

Tess does a great job and her chicken diaper design is fantastic...no way for "chicken blow out" with her design.

Quote:
A saddle is for a hen that is losing feathers from a "overactive" roo. It just protects the hen. It rides on the back of the hen.
A diaper is for catching the poo. lol. It goes under the belly and has straps that go across the back. The wings are what keep these in place. They are actually very effective.

That sounds about right for the size for that age and breed.

Last edited:
Quote:
You would need a chick size. I just figured out a pattern that I was working with a lady for seramas. I finally got it right. I would send her some and she would try them on them and then tell me what needed done.

I have chicks that are about 6 weeks old . Standard and bantam and I use them on them. As long as they have tailfeathers they will stay on.

I would like to buy some diapers with an MO. I have large breed pullets that I want to take to the nursing homes to visit and they visit the preschool as teachers. Can I get a real human apron to match? Do you do that kind of thing/ Since I can not at this time able to afford ten diapers, can I get one diaper in each size? Are they adjustable? Do they have velcor to make adjustments? We will be beginning our visits to those people who are dying as well and I would like pretty colors if possible. I need the babies to be comfortable and not contamminate those with compromised health of have accidents in the homes.
I am so eggcited about my volunteer work I hope to get started as soon as possible. Where do I send the MO and about how long will the work and shipping take.
wee.gif

clap.gif

D.gif

ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom