FS - Crele Penedesencas - NY/VT

Picco

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
NY
I will be moving shortly and need to find a home for my penedesencas. I lost half my flock last night to a predator so finding them a home fast would really be best.

2 adult females (2 years old)
2 pullets (1 month old)
2 cockerels (1 month old)

All of these guys are related but can be line bred if done carefully. The hens are currently being housed with a loaned rooster that can't go with them but they are currently laying fertile eggs so they can go too. This breed is flighty and does best free ranged or pastured. I really don't recommend that you keep them in tight quarters.

This breed is very rare and has fallen victim to the dark eggs fad and the irresponsible breeding that goes along with it. I want these guys to go to someone who will responsibly breed them and look for more stock to add to their genetics. I really want to see this breed around in a few years when I can get back into the breeding hobby so finding them a suitable home is more important to me than the price I receive for them. Eggs sell online for an upwards of $50/doz and chicks are sometimes sold for that high as well. I would like to get $150 dollars for the 6 birds and any of their eggs I can save. My flock comes from Barry Koffler, the man who created the feathersite. Check out my personal page for info concerning the breed.

I also have BLRW, Bourbon Red and Blue Slate turkeys.

Where in NY are you located? Are you selling any of your BLRW too?

Bummer that something got some of them!

Dawn

Sorry but I will not ship. I find shipping to be too stressful on adult chickens, especially pens since they are flighty. I live halfway between Saratoga, NY and Manchester, VT; I always list it that way because no one knows where Granville, NY is. I also have BLRW hens for sale and several turkeys. If you search my username you will find my other ads.

Back
Top Bottom