herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
5 Red Dorking chicks, St. Run, March 09 hatch $30 for all

3 Mottled Java chicks, St. Run, March 09 hatch $18 for all

Price firm

Chicks from Superior Farms, they are big for chicks and looking very pretty.

Pick up only, East Memphis 38122

mottled java chicks are gorgeous! You should post pics just so everybody can have a chickie meltdown.... I hatched a couple the other day and have fifteen more eggs in the bator!

Quote:
Hi,
Can you please tell me if my chicks look any thing like yours. I hatched these from eggs I bought from Superior Farms as Black Java. I'm pretty sure they aren't Black Java but could be mottled.
java1.jpg

Thanks,

Karyn

mine died due to bad feed. I lost about a half dozen chicks that week. I think they upped the corn glutten to save money and it cost me chicks. Older chicks eat the food fine but the younger ones were dropping like flies. I candled the 15 eggs and only a few are fertile. The lady I get them from can't have roosters so she lets him visit the ladies now and then so it is hit and miss for eggs from her, but I am willing to try a couple dozen to hatch a handful if need be. I think they are beautiful, neato chickens! For what it's worth, my mottled java chicks had WAY more yellow on themthan yours do. They were nearly two thirds or three quarters yellow. If I had to guess, I'd guess yours were black. Bear in mine though, I have never seen a black java chick

Quote:
Thanks so much for the information. I'm sorry to hear about the chicks. Lets hope the hatch rate on the new ones are good for you. I'm still trying to decide if these are black or not. The pic on feathersite show black java that are black and white with no yellow. I did find a blog where a woman raised java and here were mostly like mine but she doesn't say if they are mottled or black. I asked her that question but haven't heard back from her.

I'll keep checking to see how you do with yours...

Thanks again

Karyn

Back
Top Bottom