FS - Standard Black Cochin Rooster - NJ - Will Ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlady, Feb 18, 2009.

1. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Please make me an offer.

I need to find this poor boy a home. He is about 10-11 months old now. He came from one of my hatches and went to live with my friend. I took him back from 'my friend' because they did not take care of him. He was INFESTED with mites. I had to pull half his tail due to mite damage. He was kept in a very small cage, he was dirty and matted and attacked daily by another roo who was in this small cage with him. I feel awful for him, but I cannot keep him, I have too many, lol.

I would consider him pet quality only. He is not going to be a showbird and he will NOT be a good breeder, too many faults. So if you are looking for a backyard friend, he might be right for you. I hope someone can love him. I will ship him to any state that allows poultry in the mail.

I have cleaned him up, no more mites and I wormed him. Here are some pics of him. This is the best I can do, he is in bad shape now but will look great once he molts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Does he crow often or loudly?

3. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    I hate to say it but yes, he crows loudly. I think he believes he is part long crower. He crows until he is out of breath, lol. He actually lived with 6 other roosters in total and each rooster would try and out do each other. As far as crowing a lot, well, I would say it is about the same as any other rooster, sporadically throughout the day.

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    You know...that would make one DARN good 4H showmanship bird...

He's absolutely gorgeous chickenlady...how do you do it? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by