FS - Standard Black Cochin Rooster - NJ - Will Ship

chickenlady

Songster
12 Years
Aug 28, 2007
Stillwater, NJ
Please make me an offer.

I need to find this poor boy a home. He is about 10-11 months old now. He came from one of my hatches and went to live with my friend. I took him back from 'my friend' because they did not take care of him. He was INFESTED with mites. I had to pull half his tail due to mite damage. He was kept in a very small cage, he was dirty and matted and attacked daily by another roo who was in this small cage with him. I feel awful for him, but I cannot keep him, I have too many, lol.

I would consider him pet quality only. He is not going to be a showbird and he will NOT be a good breeder, too many faults. So if you are looking for a backyard friend, he might be right for you. I hope someone can love him. I will ship him to any state that allows poultry in the mail.

I have cleaned him up, no more mites and I wormed him. Here are some pics of him. This is the best I can do, he is in bad shape now but will look great once he molts.

011-1.jpg

010.jpg

I hate to say it but yes, he crows loudly. I think he believes he is part long crower. He crows until he is out of breath, lol. He actually lived with 6 other roosters in total and each rooster would try and out do each other. As far as crowing a lot, well, I would say it is about the same as any other rooster, sporadically throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom