Fukushima reactor No. 4 vulnerable to collapse

Lets see who is all laughing in five years from now ? The countless innocent lives that will be affected by this in years to come will be the true test ! When the birth defects start to hit home maybe then we'll have another laugh ? Sorry ,but I don't see any humor in this at all ,it's a huge tradgedy that will cost many lives and many will feel the effects for years to come

Lets see who is all laughing in five years from now ? The countless innocent lives that will be affected by this in years to come will be the true test ! When the birth defects start to hit home maybe then we'll have another laugh ? Sorry ,but I don't see any humor in this at all ,it's a huge tradgedy that will cost many lives and many will feel the effects for years to come

I agree.

And if anyone thinks that Fukushima and Chernobyl are the only incidents, take a look at this and have a laugh at what's been happening in your own back yard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_accidents_by_country

Sadly I already knew about the problems here. People told me I was listening to conspiracy theories.

Matthew, the ostriches label events that they don't like as 'conspiracy theories' in an attempt to discredit what is said, written or suggested. They are using the knee jerk reaction that some folk have adopted to terms such as that. It allows them to hide their heads from unpleasant possibilities they don't want to think about. Governments and corporations must love those people.

The reality here is what are we going to do about It? I am sure Japan is doing something, can someone else do better? I am sure they would have no trouble getting the money to fly there.

Last week I read that Japan shut down all of its nuclear reactions and is now depending on oil, coal, etc. for power. They are going off nuclear energy for the forseeable future. But I don't know if they will be dismantling the nuclear power plants, or what they will do with the radioactive materials if and when they do.

Last edited:
Countries that have used nuclear power seem to be in a cleft stick. We know it's dangerous but we have been led to believe, mistakenly according to some experts, that fossil fuel is more damaging to the environment.

The core issue is demand. If we want homes with several TV's, air conditioning, huge fridges and freezers and lights everywhere and several motor vehicles in the driveway, then we have to use dangerous processes to produce the energy to run them. If we want to puff up our chests with eco-pride as we drive our 'eco-friendly' cars, then we have to accept that the manufacturing process for those cars is more damaging than it was for cars made twenty years ago.

Countries that have used nuclear power seem to be in a cleft stick. We know it's dangerous but we have been led to believe, mistakenly according to some experts, that fossil fuel is more damaging to the environment.

The core issue is demand. If we want homes with several TV's, air conditioning, huge fridges and freezers and lights everywhere and several motor vehicles in the driveway, then we have to use dangerous processes to produce the energy to run them. If we want to puff up our chests with eco-pride as we drive our 'eco-friendly' cars, then we have to accept that the manufacturing process for those cars is more damaging than it was for cars made twenty years ago.
I agree. We can live without a few fish or slugs but cannot live with our hair falling out or certain body parts rotting away.

Fukushima was designed in the 1950's and built in the early to mid 1960's. It had little in the way of safety features or failsafes. Chernobyl was also a very similar in design. The powerplant near me has so many failsafes and redundant systems that it took 20 days to get the reactor on line, yet you can shut it in in only 15 minutes and have the fuel rods completely cooled in sixteen hours. Fukushima was slated to have a useful lifespan of 35 years, 40 absolute max. It was only a matter of time before something would go horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Fukushima was designed in the 1950's and built in the early to mid 1960's. It had little in the way of safety features or failsafes. Chernobyl was also a very similar in design. The powerplant near me has so many failsafes and redundant systems that it took 20 days to get the reactor on line, yet you can shut it in in only 15 minutes and have the fuel rods completely cooled in sixteen hours. Fukushima was slated to have a useful lifespan of 35 years, 40 absolute max. It was only a matter of time before something would go horribly wrong.

Are you saying that all active nuclear plants are now safe, or just new ones, or none of them?

Back
Top Bottom