Full Moon Setting - 05/05/12 Anyone what to join?

funmomma,
LOL! Got you added, sounds like you have your hands full!

Okay so my update, came home and temp was at 103
barnie.gif
Got it back under control. Hoping since it was so early they will be okay. I bought a thermometer today at PetSmart for a fish tank, it drops in, so I can put it through my vents right on top of the eggs and always get a good reading. I don't use my fan because I can never get a stable temp when it is on.

Okay guys we are at day 3, who is going to candle??? I'm not, nope, I said I am not going to do it
lau.gif

i did a very very quick candle on the Ducks

it was so fast and quick that all i did was touch the candle to the eggs

i see 3 so far that show veins

usually i never candle till day 10 as day 3or4 for me never shows up much anyway

oh and just to let you know i am the proud owner of a hatchmaker 36 egg still air incubator

now i have 3 incubators

YAY

i did a very very quick candle on the Ducks

it was so fast and quick that all i did was touch the candle to the eggs

i see 3 so far that show veins

usually i never candle till day 10 as day 3or4 for me never shows up much anyway

oh and just to let you know i am the proud owner of a hatchmaker 36 egg still air incubator

now i have 3 incubators

YAY

Congrats on the veins!!!! Wow 3 incubators????? You must get them filled ASAP! Do you use a real candle? I use a super high powered LED flashlight.

I candled all 32 of my eggs day 4 for me all fertile except 1. the one had a red blood ring in it but going to give it till day 7 to see if its alive bit fertile for sure in 31 eggs seems pretty good to me
frow.gif

Congrats on the veins!!!! Wow 3 incubators????? You must get them filled ASAP! Do you use a real candle? I use a super high powered LED flashlight.

Im gonna use the hatchmaker as a hatcher for my eggs so to keep humidity same

no i dont use a candle hehe i got a brinsea high intesity candler and overscope aswell that i dont really use much [i find it annoying to use tbh]
PS my kids love your pic of the baby chick, it had them rolling on the ground laughing!!!!

the chick avatar is funny

its even funnier to know the story behind it

i was googleing chicken pictues and saw that chick so i clicked it

and it turnt out to be an army advert

where the chick was standing wings splayed out and saying

"do you want some"

i thought it was hilerious and had to have it

Last edited:
Day 5 have movement can see floating moving black dots in 3 eggs thats all I checked this morning didn't want to upset them too much when I have to do the 7 day check on friday. I just can't help myself after having an infertile batch sent last time I need to know if I have life this time around. Boy am I in trouble when they go into lockdown I'm going to go insane waiting knowing I can't touch them. I am also going hatching crazy already thinking of what I want to hatch next. I have some turkeys I'm bidding on and a 30 plus lot of mixed egg and meat birds but also want to hatch some quails. But don't think my incubator will be big enough and hubby will get me if I buy another one. Plus have some lavender and lemon oringtons I'm trying to win too. Thinking about breeding, hatching and then selling the babies. Hopefully people in my farming community will like that especially with a few rare chickens involved. What do you all think. Yeah to hatching Love Love to see them move
yesss.gif

Day 5 have movement can see floating moving black dots in 3 eggs thats all I checked this morning didn't want to upset them too much when I have to do the 7 day check on friday. I just can't help myself after having an infertile batch sent last time I need to know if I have life this time around. Boy am I in trouble when they go into lockdown I'm going to go insane waiting knowing I can't touch them. I am also going hatching crazy already thinking of what I want to hatch next. I have some turkeys I'm bidding on and a 30 plus lot of mixed egg and meat birds but also want to hatch some quails. But don't think my incubator will be big enough and hubby will get me if I buy another one. Plus have some lavender and lemon oringtons I'm trying to win too. Thinking about breeding, hatching and then selling the babies. Hopefully people in my farming community will like that especially with a few rare chickens involved. What do you all think. Yeah to hatching Love Love to see them move
yesss.gif

its crazy on the mind when you have to wait

we will be candling on friday for day 7 and i will be locking down eggs on friday aswell

i have 3 lemon cuckoos on day 16 today that will lockdown this friday

my hatchmaster should arrive tmoz so i will get it primmed up ready for friday

i did a candle 10 mins ago but its still daylight here so couldnt see much even though they ar white eggs

i can defo see 2 eggs with red veins

also i got a pair of asseel eggs that are due to hatch on 05.22.12 and they are showing veining and a tiny dot moving so im happy there

im planning on breeding and selling too

i got 3 French marans unrelated, 3 Lav Aruacans unrelated and orps unrelated and a pair of cream legbar unrelated that i will use to breed

i got my RIR and BPR Eggs today so gonna try breed some Rhodebars and i might even try some Marbars

i may try other combos too as i have a leghorn aswell and a bunch of hybrids that i could chuck in some new blood to

Back
Top Bottom