FULL POUND and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I said bad stock or whatever, I meant avarage sized. I bought from a breeder in Greenback who knew of you.

Thats The Catch Someone You Bought From...they Are Gonna (most) Try To Make Anyone Look Bad Long As You Buy From Them...so They Will Have Your Sales...

I Personally Dont Try To Bad Mouth Anyone Not Even On Here Im Too Old For It :d

But Was Nice To Met Ya Neighbor

Quote:
WHAT A DEAL !!

Or is it ?????

Some people are still delusional about that 1 lb monster coturnix quail.

You Know Standard ,came Then Jumbo, Then Xld...

If You Breed And Fed Right And Keep Them Less Active As In Dust Baths They Gain...i Got Pictures All In My Profile More Then Welcome To Look At Besides Im Not The First To Receive This In Quail Take That In Note Also...

Other Then That I Got Orders To Get Out Yal Have A Good Day...

Quote:
Well I believe there are or will be 16oz coturnix. I am optimistic I will raise them some day and have them there by 12 weeks of age.

I also believe that the stock my birds came from are closer to 10oz than 16oz at 8 to 12 weeks of age. I'm not unhappy or trying to flame anyone. If they were from 16 oz stock at least one, out of the 23 that I raised, would have broke the 11 oz mark.

They were\\are fed only purina game bird startena, full feed and water at all times. They live in a large basement that has never been below 45 degs. They have never seen out side or a predator, except me. They have a large dust box. They have exactly 1 sq. ft. per bird... These are good birds. They do everything a coturnix should do. I got the first egg 2 days before they turned 5 weeks old. They are pretty, friendly birds.

But the O.P. asked a question and it sounded like he\\she was expecting 16oz birds and these are not. They may be if they live long enough and were feed meal worms and soy beans... but mine wont be. If you are honestly saying the parent stock is at 16oz I have to ask how old they are, and at what age was this weight attained? Bill

Last edited:
mine are always in sunlight our barns have the transparent tin on top, at the age of 2 weeks they are given meal worms along with a follow up mom medicated fed later in the afternoon when i have it they have the dried beetles i get from my meal worms

at the age of 6 -8weeks most range 10 to 11 ounces

12-14 weeks 13 ounces easily(laying hens)

i only keep my breeders for 11 mths those are top off thats when the meat processors take them, so when they are deboned and skinned your looking at 12 ounces of meat...

now when summer gets here they normally lose a few ounces ...the more running space tears at their weight also i place alot of dust boxes in mine they sit and dust no extra activity...

now i have help packing by some chance you got some of the smaller stock in your order im sorry i raise them for the 4-h kids around here i can send ya some of these

Quote:
I quit making mine stand on the scales when they were 8 weeks of age ( JJ poked fun at me...) but like I say they were just under 11 then so thats right in line with what I have got.

No need for apologies, I say again, I'm not at all unhappy with my birds. The question was asked and the OP sounded to be expecting 16oz birds and he most likely wont get them. If his are the same as mine, I'm sure he will get good stock, just not 16oz Birds. Bill

Last edited:
Quote:
I do not try to make anyone look bad in order to sell my eggs , cause I never sold quail eggs, neither I have any intention selling them in foreseable future.

You picked up 2 fattest , (mealworm fed ?) quails (pictured on your ebay auction), claiming yours are the "best".

This is misleading, some people would believe they are going to churn 1lb quails from your eggs like Obama is printing money.

Also average quail keeper can,t afford to feed their quail mealworms to boost their size, unless they lay golden eggs.

Quote:
I do not try to make anyone look bad in order to sell my eggs , cause I never sold quail eggs, neither I have any intention selling them in foreseable future.

You picked up 2 fattest , (mealworm fed ?) quails (pictured on your ebay auction), claiming yours are the "best".

This is misleading, some people would believe they are going to churn 1lb quails from your eggs like Obama is printing money.

Also average quail keeper can,t afford to feed their quail mealworms to boost their size, unless they lay golden eggs.

mealworms are not expensive though. It costs $2 for 500 wormies. I have thousands now and all I feed them is oats and apple cores...

Quote:
If you can afford to keep quail, then you can afford to feed them mealworms. They are not that difficult to raise at home, nor do they take much space to raise. If you have a spare plastic tub around or a spare aquarium, something they can eat for bedding (oatmeal? some crumbles?) and a few veggie scraps to maintain moisture levels for the worms then you can raise them. This has been discussed here several times and resources on how to do this for very little money are available in a few minutes through completing a quick Google search.

In fact, raising mealworms is so easy that I suggest it as a science project for people who have children in need of one. Raise mealworms using different types of bedding & compare to see which produces the most worms...easy, peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom