FULL Sized bus - Chicken coop

Gammond

Songster
Aug 31, 2016
Central BC, Canada
We have access to a free bus... was thinking of converting it to a chicken coop. We will have a huge outside run as well... What are your thoughts? Like I mention in the comments - I'm a little concerned about ventilation.. I would have to keep the roosts away from open window breezes.

Last edited:
I saw a chicken coop mini van on here somewhere, I'd post a link, but I'm still finding my way around, so I can't find it, but I think it sounds awesome!
We have a chicken coop food truck in town right now, it is a school bus, and the back part, the kitchen, looks like a big chicken coop. Lol

We have access to a free bus... was thinking of converting it to a chicken coop. We will have a hue outside run as well... What are your thoughts?
I haven't done this myself, but I know a lady in Montana that has uses an bus as her coop and she says it works great. I'm not sure how she has converted it, but last time I saw her she about 40-50 chickens. I think it's a great idea if your area will allow it.

I'm a little worried about ventilation in the winter... If we crack most of the windows, I guess I will have to make sure the breeze is not in direct line with roosting height.

In my coop (16x12, 8 feet tall) I have found that it is spacious enough that quickly opening the door when I do daily feedings in the worst part of winter has been good enough for ventilation as long as I keep on top of cleaning the bedding - and even that is about once a month in the non-duck-waterer areas that stay nice and dry, bedded about two-three inches deep with shavings.

Back
Top Bottom