Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

Pics
This one's a myth. Most sharks breathe using buccal pumping (using their cheeks to suck in oygenated water over their gills) Only a few species (about 20) are obligate ram ventilators (meaning they have to have a strong flow of water through their mouths and over their gills.) and need to keep moving or have a strong flow to breathe.
So, don't punch the shark - try to drown it?

If a shark stops swimming it will drown.

...ummm, not ALL sharks..
Great White, Whale and Mako will definately die if they stop swimming...
Nurse and Tiger, and a few others I cant remember right off hand, have buccal muscles in which they can draw water into their mouths and over the gills, allowing them to stop swimming, replicating water flowing as if swimming.. Reef have buccal muscles and obligate ram ventilation, which is the more common.

I wanted to be a marine biologist...

More stupid useless facts...

This one's a myth. Most sharks breathe using buccal pumping (using their cheeks to suck in oygenated water over their gills) Only a few species (about 20) are obligate ram ventilators (meaning they have to have a strong flow of water through their mouths and over their gills.) and need to keep moving or have a strong flow to breathe.

Oops, i replied to this prematurely..

@HorseGirlAbby , this ones for you (I knew it, but I heard you didn't like avocados, but love guacamole).
in case you haven't been told yet, guacamole is mashed up avocado with sour cream, peppers, and pepper.
that sounds disgusting.

there’s no sour cream in guacamole.

it’s mashed avocado with salt, tomatoes, onions, possibly jalapeños, and cilantro. mix in some lemon juice for brightness.

that sounds disgusting.

there’s no sour cream in guacamole.

it’s mashed avocado with salt, tomatoes, onions, possibly jalapeños, and cilantro. mix in some lemon juice for brightness.
I think this one's a "depends on who's making it". I'm in agreement with you on your version, but I've been served guac with sour cream in it plenty of times.

Back
Top Bottom