Fun "Social-Distancing" Things To Do With Chickens During Covid 19

Inspired by so many of you, I have to share what my husband built this morning in about an hour with $2. worth of popsicle sticks!
We have 2 Speckled Sussex chicks right now, and he built this for them to play on in the brooder and out!

View attachment 2069766

View attachment 2069767

View attachment 2069768

View attachment 2069769View attachment 2069769
Oh my gosh, that is too cute and very clever!! Definitely need to take more pictures of them while they're small enough to use this! Very creative husband you have!

It’s a great time to go out to your chickens, count them and realise just how many you actually have...then start planning to get more once lockdown is lifted 🙂
Oof! Baby chicks! It gives you a lift in times of darkness. Hug your chickens, it gives you so much when you can't hug people. Lovely fat feathered bodies tucked in under your arm! There's nothing better.

It’s a great time to go out to your chickens, count them and realise just how many you actually have...then start planning to get more once lockdown is lifted 🙂
Oof! Baby chicks! It gives you a lift in times of darkness. Hug your chickens, it gives you so much when you can't hug people. Lovely fat feathered bodies tucked in under your arm! There's nothing better.

We've got a VERY active thread on the coronavirus Covid-19 going on here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coronavirus-covid-19-virus-discussion.1352322/
... but I wanted to put together a fun graphic and get ideas for things to do during social-distancing, shelter-in-place, etc.

What are some ideas for fun CHICKEN RELATED things to do during these crazy times?

View attachment 2063213
Raise some chicks. I got a batch of 33 hatchery chicks last week. I get a lot of joy out of just sitting and watching them run and jump and play. I can't tell you the number of times I've counted Each breed. Don't ask why I just do over and over again. Some of them look pretty similar so maybe it's a test of my identifying knowledge.
A7A7F00F-C79F-4599-BC84-65B863B99DCE.jpeg

We've got a VERY active thread on the coronavirus Covid-19 going on here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coronavirus-covid-19-virus-discussion.1352322/
... but I wanted to put together a fun graphic and get ideas for things to do during social-distancing, shelter-in-place, etc.

What are some ideas for fun CHICKEN RELATED things to do during these crazy times?

View attachment 2063213
Here's another one to keep me busy. There's gonna be some wing clippin' today. Come here chickie chickie chickie.

Back
Top Bottom