Fun things for chooks to do?!!?!?!?

Not sure how long you've had your ex batt's. We have had ours around 6 weeks and have found that it takes them a while to learn to do the 'normal' chicken behaviour kind of stuff. For example it's only been a week since they have all been going into the coop at night - they used to huddle together and I'd have to lift them all in. I noticed last night that there were 3 of the 10 actually on the perches rather than sleeping on the floor of the coop!

There favourite thing is to be let out of the run. We can't let them freerange all the time because of predators, but we do try and let them our for an hour a day while we sit with them.

I put a xylophone up in their run and I'm starting to think I'm the victim of a BYC practical joke :D, even my chooks look at me as though I'm mad!

Not sure how long you've had your ex batt's. We have had ours around 6 weeks and have found that it takes them a while to learn to do the 'normal' chicken behaviour kind of stuff. For example it's only been a week since they have all been going into the coop at night - they used to huddle together and I'd have to lift them all in. I noticed last night that there were 3 of the 10 actually on the perches rather than sleeping on the floor of the coop!

There favourite thing is to be let out of the run. We can't let them freerange all the time because of predators, but we do try and let them our for an hour a day while we sit with them.

I put a xylophone up in their run and I'm starting to think I'm the victim of a BYC practical joke :D, even my chooks look at me as though I'm mad!

Oooooh!!!! Xylophone will have to try it. I’ve had them for over 2.5 months now :)

Back
Top Bottom