Fun thread: I was called a redneck because...

Quote:
thats understandable, from NC makes you halfway there, throw in a chicken and your it.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Me too, funny thing is I was raised in a cotton field in waaaaay south Georgia, guess I had no chance to begin with.........

peanuts, cotton, tobacco and pecan's (pronounced peeecans) where I'm from

chickens, beer, pork, bare feet, southern rock, hard rock, old country, and swimming nekid! heeeee haaawwww!

I could serve cavier and Chablis, but I'd rather have beer, brats, and deviled eggs!!!!1

Last edited:
Red Neck and proud of it. I grew up on a cattle ranch. My poor city boy DH does not know what to do about it!!

I never wear shoes just when I go to the store even then it is either TRUE moccasins or flip flops. My two youngest kids they never wear shoes either... I am so proud of them
big_smile.png
My youngest started Kindergarten this year and on his first day of school when I picked him up his teacher told me she had the hardest time with Bryce because he never kept his shoes on!!

I ride my dirt bike and my quad in cut off shorts, tank top, bare feet, I do wear a helmet. Visit a "Head Hospital" and see what can happen if you smack your head to hard!!

I drink beer from a bottle with the guys, I go "Puddle jumping" in my truck, wish we would get more rain for that one!! I was in the 4 wheel drive club with my Sister. Ride our horses bareback no shoes, must wear jeans. No shorts! Horse hair sucks on bare legs.

I always tell my DH....
You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl!!!!

Last edited:
I am a transplant from NY to Florida (west coast). Since then, I had a horse who had a mule, so I have a mule, I got me three guns and a license, I drive a truck, (all down-home Florida gals have a horse, guns, and drive trucks) I love country western music, grits and gravy, wear a camoflage cap on occassion, and have a red neck from gardening, horse chores, chicken chores, building stuff outside. And last but not least, my DH is of color, and one of us has to be a redneck down here to keep the natives at bay.

Hey my dad built my gun cabinet for me (he's a cabinet maker went all the way to 2nd grade). Retired from owning his own business. I keep my weapons (I'm prior military) in my living room, and love to shoot my pistol I got for Christmas.

We had a buck run across our back pasture the other day we were scrambling to see who got em first, he was long gone by the time we put the beer down, unlocked the cabinet (grandkids gotta keep it locked) and got a good aim, ha ha ha ha!

I love this thread.....

We had a buck run across our back pasture the other day we were scrambling to see who got em first, he was long gone by the time we put the beer down, unlocked the cabinet (grandkids gotta keep it locked) and got a good aim, ha ha ha ha!

OH speaking of guns I forgot to also put into my post my Sister's and I use to shoot targets to see what chores we had to do. Best shot gets to skip the list!!

Poor Dad only had three girls out on the ranch.
tongue.png

I've never been called redneck, but we do occassionally look like "white trash" to quote and earlier post.

We had an old velvety ugly red chair that a cat threw up on stored in the basement. I should add that I thought I **might** clean it one day, but never got around to it. One day I got mad it was taking up so much space and my husband decided to throw it out the back door, thinking that I'd assume responsibility for the rest of it's disposal.

Well...it sat there tipped over in the lawn for a while with various toys and things strewn about it...hula hoop, sandbox plastic thingies, a folded up lawn chair just laying there. Finally, our Boston Terrier decided it was a really good dog bed...tipped over, cat puke and all, and since our German Shepherd could never be by himself, he curled up along side and took a snooze in the sun.

The final straw that sealed my white trash fate is when I decided NOT to clean it up immediately, but to haul out the camera and snap a few pictures for posterity, to prove what hilarious freaks we were, and then posted them on my Boston Terrier email group. Surprisingly I received several positive responses! Further reinforcing the situation, of course.

We put it out to curb, and I believe someone actually picked it up...so it's probably decorating someone else's yard now.

Quote:
I think we'd get along!

I get along with almost *any* woman who skinny-dips with me and sits up and drinks beer with me while cooking a hog! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA...
tongue.png

Quote:
I think we'd get along!

I get along with almost *any* woman who skinny-dips with me and sits up and drinks beer with me while cooking a hog! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA...
tongue.png

lau.gif
I got the beer and hog cooking part but you're on your own with the skinny dippin.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom