Fun with yogurt

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PotterWatch, Aug 15, 2008.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My girls had yogurt for the first time today. After spending about 10 minutes looking suspiciously at it and me, Hermione finally decided to try it. After that, they couldn't get enough! Luna declared one bowl to belong to her and her clique and wouldn't let the other three near it. Who knew yogurt could be so much fun?

Luna and her bowl:
    [​IMG]

Ginny and Hermione sharing nicely:
    [​IMG]

Most of the girls. Luna is at her bowl and Angelina was being camera shy:
    [​IMG]

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    very cute pics, I love the way it looks like they lick the bowl when mine are finished. [​IMG]

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful birds too! Love the one in the first photo!

4. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    lol you name your birds off harry potter. why didnt i think of that

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    That is too cool! VERY sweet Birds. (Look the potter names too, my husband would have told me NO! LOL)

6. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    My older girls LOVE! yogurt and cooked minute rice mixed together. They go crazy and don't finish eating until it's all gone. The young girls just sit on the roost and look at them like "what's the big deal??" as you can see from the pic of Martha my gold lace.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ravenfeathers

ravenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    vermont
    completely off topic, but i have cats named luna and hermione, so i was very confused by this post, LOL! [​IMG]

8. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm kind of bummed that I didn't think of naming the dogs after HP also, but I think my husband would have had an opinion on that, lol.

9. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

I mix cooked oatmeal in with yogurt for my girls everyday (they give me the "eye" if I try to skip a day!). They go bananas!! I can't get the bowl down fast enough.

Then of course they come up for air every few seconds......beaks COVERED in yogurt and oatmeal.....oh yeah, I tell them.....you are some sophisticated little ladies!!

[​IMG]

10. sticks22

sticks22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Grove, oklahoma
    I tried mixing peanutbutter and some of their regular food (all-purpose feed). They loved it!
    They also love stale bread. They flock to it like crazy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by