Funky Chicken

Chikk

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
One of my two chicks is ill: droopy wings, lethargic, not pecking or peeping. I saw her at the water but not sure she drank. She seemed fine this morning but went downhill fast.
I've seen a couple of diarrhea poops but no blood and not sure which girl did it. No poopy butts.
I've had them a week. Feeding medicated feed and electrolytes.
Trying to keep the brooder at 85 but it was down to 80 this morning. I moved in into the laundry room to keep a better eye on them and regulate temp better.
I don't think she's going to make it.
:(

One of my two chicks is ill: droopy wings, lethargic, not pecking or peeping. I saw her at the water but not sure she drank. She seemed fine this morning but went downhill fast.
I've seen a couple of diarrhea poops but no blood and not sure which girl did it. No poopy butts.
I've had them a week. Feeding medicated feed and electrolytes.
Trying to keep the brooder at 85 but it was down to 80 this morning. I moved in into the laundry room to keep a better eye on them and regulate temp better.
I don't think she's going to make it.
:(

Alright what is her age ....

Growing chicks need a lot of protein so if you can get her to eat at all see if she will eat some hard boiled egg just remove the shell and mash with a fork or other item then serve or try to feed by hand also if you have an eyedropper try to give her a few drops of water at a time ....

Hit me back if you have any questions ......

I forgot to ask their age when I bought them last Monday. Their wing feathers look almost all in and they're starting to get their little tails. I'll boil some egg and try to get some water in her. Thank you.

All better! I gave her some water by dropper a couple of times and she's eating and peeping again. She ate a little egg too; the other one loves egg. Is it okay to keep giving them little bits of egg?

All better! I gave her some water by dropper a couple of times and she's eating and peeping again. She ate a little egg too; the other one loves egg. Is it okay to keep giving them little bits of egg?

The egg will help them grow big a strong and with proper feather growth so yes an egg
a day for the first couple of weeks and myself this is how I get rid of all the nest egg's
I find like Sunday a nest of 29 and today a nest of 15 so yes it wont hurt them and I find
the chicks grow much better with less problems ...

She went missing for over a week before I found where she was hiding and there is over
20 egg's in her nest so I left her as she is tending to them ...

Wow!
That's a lot of eggs!

Can they have little bits of fruit, veg or yogurt at this stage? I've given them a pinch of corn meal to peck at. They like that.

Wow!
That's a lot of eggs!

Can they have little bits of fruit, veg or yogurt at this stage? I've given them a pinch of corn meal to peck at. They like that.

If you can get them to eat it
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom