Funny chicken behavior

jaimslee4u

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Maine
I constantly rant about my little feathered comediens, but I have never seen this before.

My very shy Light Brahma sticks her head and almost her whole body under neath my rooster when he is standing. It is the funniest thing & my rooster totally tolerates it.

The wierd thing is my dog does that to people.

Has any one ever seen this before?

I have seen my EE hen Daffodil do that with our rooster. She really does it alot when they have flown on top of the little A-frame chicken tractor after a day of free ranging. He terrorizes her (She was the only hen to survive last year) and she spends most of her time trying to hide from him, but at the end of the day she is stuck to him like glue. (I have 4 new hens, but they aren't old enough to interest him yet)

That is funny
lau.gif

I recently got a trio of Seramas. The breeder threw in another roo for me as well. That one little roo is constantly doing that to the other roo. It's pretty funny LOL, and the other roo doesn't sem to be bothered by it at all.

My one roo does this like tap dance routine periodically. Not sure what it's for, but he kinda stamps his feet one at a time real fast though. Kinda like a tap dance...it's really weird to watch.

I do wonder why they do this. I have an EE who jumps in my lap and immediately shoves her head and neck under the crook of my arm. We'll sit like that for 15 minutes or so until my arm gets too tired and I have to "encourage" her to join her flock. I like to think it's affection, but who knows why those crazies do anything they do.

Back
Top Bottom