Funny chicken names

My daughter names her's after food. Pancake, Omlete, CornBread, PintoBean etc. Then we have the Poot and Toot.

I love all of the creative names. Since our chicks are dual purpose we determined not to name them.

Then we lost one the first day we got them. We had to name her. So we chose Baby Jane. We never discovered what happened to her.
Her sister (both Salmon Faverolles) died 6 days later. Named her Molly. (Hubby's choice.)

Finally, 4 weeks later we received 7 Ameraucanas and the only silver had pasty bottom, spraddle legs, not eating or drinking for hours and stumbled around like it's eyesight was affected. We didn't think it would live and it was named Magoo. I'm happy to report after splinting, a warm water and bacitracin enema, feeding mash and taking it to water, Magoo lives and is now 4 wks old. We also believe it is our roo. So ---Roo Magoo!! He or she is beautiful and my hubby gets the credit for all the medical care.

My lil pet Peeve. Next to him is Spike with the funky comb. And the barred one is (scaredy) Cat. They also have a sister named Chicken.
68502_p1050981.jpg

Quote:
I have a horse named Hannah and we call her Hannah Banana!...or the Arabian Princess (Arabian is her breed) because she thinks she is a princess.

IMG_8773.jpg

Ok from left to right:

Midge - RIR
Jasper - Egyptian Fayoumis
Dorothy - Light Brahma
Leroy - Salmon Faverolle
Hattie - White Crested Black Polish
J.R. - Light Brahma

Back
Top Bottom