Funny noise this morning

ihavechicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Cypress Inn, TN
I heard the funniest noise coming from the coop this morning. It sounded like a party horn. I went to check on it and while I was walking toward the coop I heard the start of a rooster crow. It caught me off guard but not as much as the other chicks. It got completely quiet inside the coop. I think they were saying to themselves, what the heck was that.
ep.gif
I started laughing & the chicks went back to chirping. Too funny.
big_smile.png

The early attempts at crowing can be quite scary!

One of mine sounded like a car engine trying to turn over and another like strangled bagpipes.........one of them still hasn't got it right and he is over a year old,

Sandie

Mine sounded like a rusty door hinge at first, then he got more of a "real" crow, but sort of strangled off at the end. Now, at 3 months, he's just about got it down. So far, no one seems to mind, but he is locked in the coop in the early AM and we can't even hear him in the house. I do love hearing him myself!

Too funny.
lol.png

My stepdaughter and I were sitting outside the other evening when one of my almost 10 week old cornish Xs attempted a crow. We both looked to make sure he wasn't dying and then laughed ourselves silly.
gig.gif

ETA: Oops, I have to correct myself. I just checked the calender and the chicks are almost 11 weeks old.

Last edited:
I have a full grown rooster that never really learned how to crow right. He is a houdan (sp?) and when he crows its like " Cock a doodle.... aaeeekkk" So Its great, it makes him not very loud. I will have to get it on video!

Back
Top Bottom