Funny or weird Chicken DREAMS?!?!

BamChickawahwah

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
Bolivia, NC
Okay I rarely post on these but I seriously think the chicken fever is getting to me because as of last night this 23 year old is DREAMING about chickens...

I just got some very nice quality lavender and blue silkies and just yesterday while cleaning out the brooder I was thinking how I would hate for anything to happen to them (you know how it is with chicks- you never know).

I laid down after eating a nice big bowl of oatmeal and had "nightmares" that all the silkies were dead in car trunk- IN the brooder the next morning and a big grown duck was sitting in the middle of the brooder on top of them. I don't even HAVE ducks anymore!!! And ummm WHY was the brooder in the car..

idunno.gif

I would love to hear some funny or crazy chicken dreams or stories anyone has been having as of late! I mean... Seriously tell me it is NOT just me!!

Not just you.

I usually dream that they have all wondered out of the yard, or died, or were eaten by shadow shapes....classic worry dreams.
Last night I dreamt that I found a miniature chicken, full grown bot much bigger than a pet rat. I kept running from yard sale to junk shop looking for a cage for the critter. I also kept dreaming that I was stepping on eggs which would flatten out but come right back to shape once I picked them up. Who knows what that was about.

I have chicken dreams on and off. The most memorable one was a day before my first hatching, I dreamt that three chicks hatched and were just fine, then started bouncing and running all over me. . . I woke up to find that NONE hatched. Stupid Little Giant.
sad.png

The others I don't remember. I could have possibly dreamt that I also had a bunch of Naked Necks, but. . . Another one of those heart breaking "it's only a dream" kind of dreams.
rant.gif
I want some N-N's that will actually survive past 5 months.

My dad had a TON he was ready to give them away cause no one wanted them. Even blue ones. Wish I would have known woulda shipped them your way LOL they were all grown up too!

1. Have tiny chicks in a tin can(about 5 chicks in one) and am at feed store, and there is this little girl with a tiny kitten that can fit in a tin can.
2. We live in a hotel(
idunno.gif
) and we keep a BR and a Leghorn in a small coop near the parking lot and they free range there and somehow don't get hit by cars.
3. More tiny chicks.
4. MPC messed up my order and half were packed upside down so they died, so they sent me some more chicks and a Canadian Goose, which they don't really have.

I've had a bunch of worry-dreams about a weasel getting our chickens...mostly because it happened once before, with our first chickens we ever got, a weasel was secretly living under our chicken coop and got m favorite and my first hen I ever had, Apricot, her sister, Peach, and our big New Jersey Giant rooster, Seth. We still had 2 RIR roosters (great...figures he left the two stubborn roosters but took our two laying hens and our favorite rooster
roll.png
) so we set up live traps to try and catch the weasel.That never worked, but one day it came out and our mini dachshund, Riley, happened to see it and was so close to catching it (he loves chasing squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, etc...so he went crazy when he saw it!) but it got away. Ran off into the bushes, never came back. I think an owl or hawk got it, since it had been chased out from its safety hiding place under the chicken coop and was probably too scared to return. That was in 2007 and even though it has never returned and we've never had any other weasel problems since then, I still worry about it getting our chickens that we have now.
hide.gif
I've had so many nightmares about it because I worried so much, especially a year later when spring came again. It happened around April-May, 2007, and around that time in 2008, I was expecting it to show up again that spring. Never did, so now I don't worry about it as much. But I remember every time my dad called, I was expecting him to tel me that something got the chickens again.
th.gif
Luckily it never did and we've only lost 2 chickens since then, but both were from different causes.

But on a happy note, one time I had a dream that I had gone out to the coop and found a bunch of newly-hatched baby chicks!
love.gif
wee.gif
They had hatched in the coop during the summer and the warmth from the weather and being sheltered in the coop and no one collected them made them hatch.
lol.png
I remember being so excited and happy! Then I woke up and was so disappointed that it wasn't true.
sad.png
But it prompted me to want to start the incubator again...during the fall/winter!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom