Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens

Pics
So we have three buff brahmas - Peaches, cooties, and Platypus. Platypus got sick and we had to put her down, and then we left for AZ on vacation.
My granny has three little orange and black fish. We named them Peaches, Cooties, and Platypus, and Fish Platypus died last night
barnie.gif
I am never naming a chicken platypus again.

ETA: I am never naming anything platypus again.
That is so crazy! I named a chick Faith and she turned out to be rooster and so I gave him away to a place where he would surely be killed, and then i rescued two chicks named them Hope and Faith and Faith died the next Saturday. By then I was like, "FORGET IT!!! I am never naming another chicken Faith!!!!"

This is Napoleon, in my face, trying to see what I'm up to.
This is Estello (was Estella until I found out that the she was a he), he is a Columbian Rock Cuckoo Maran. I had to give him away because i only keep one rooster and Napoleon is a permanant fixture after the hawk attacks, but Estello was aggressive toward people and great with the hens.

I'm sure everybody's chickens are just as vocal as mine but they remind me of stereotypical Jewish mother's. Judging, always prodding. "You don't call, you don't write, are you eating? Does she look thin to you?" "She's thin, definitely not eating enough" "What took you so long to feed us and open the pop door anyway?" "Yeah, you should have been here two minutes ago!"
The dialogue goes something like this every day, all day long. Always nagging when they've got pretty great little chicken lives. Chickens are so much fun. Lol

:lau THAT IS SO TRIXIE! XDXD If im outside, she's following me around yelling at me. And i mean YELLING. :lol: :rolleyes:

That is so crazy! I named a chick Faith and she turned out to be rooster and so I gave him away to a place where he would surely be killed, and then i rescued two chicks named them Hope and Faith and Faith died the next Saturday. By then I was like, "FORGET IT!!! I am never naming another chicken Faith!!!!"

Isnt it so weird?!?!? :barnie :highfive:

This is Napoleon, in my face, trying to see what I'm up to.
This is Estello (was Estella until I found out that the she was a he), he is a Columbian Rock Cuckoo Maran. I had to give him away because i only keep one rooster and Napoleon is a permanant fixture after the hawk attacks, but Estello was aggressive toward people and great with the hens.

Theyre both beautiful boys! I used to have a BO roo who could be a little agressive with people, but he was the only rooster we've ever had attack DOGS. ANY dog, ANY day. One day we came home to find him a bloody mess. Since our other roo had no damage on him whatsoever, we blamed the neighbors chihuahuah/terrier mutt. And considering the STUPIDITY of that dog i think we guessed right.
He also chased off s full grown border collie, and threatened our full grown great pyr. That was through a chain link fence, but i was still quite proud of him.
Sadly he died in a bout of what we THINK was mareks...... Although i just realized it could have been worms!..... :barnie

Theyre both beautiful boys! I used to have a BO roo who could be a little agressive with people, but he was the only rooster we've ever had attack DOGS. ANY dog, ANY day. One day we came home to find him a bloody mess. Since our other roo had no damage on him whatsoever, we blamed the neighbors chihuahuah/terrier mutt. And considering the STUPIDITY of that dog i think we guessed right.
He also chased off s full grown border collie, and threatened our full grown great pyr. That was through a chain link fence, but i was still quite proud of him.
Sadly he died in a bout of what we THINK was mareks...... Although i just realized it could have been worms!..... :barnie
Wow, thats pretty impressive that he attacks dogs. My rooster is nervous around any dog but my collie because he knows the collie isn't going to hurt him, he does rush at the collie through the fence though, so it isn't like he likes him or anything, he actually hates him. I'm sorry you lost such a great rooster!

Wow, thats pretty impressive that he attacks dogs. My rooster is nervous around any dog but my collie because he knows the collie isn't going to hurt him, he does rush at the collie through the fence though, so it isn't like he likes him or anything, he actually hates him. I'm sorry you lost such a great rooster!

Yeah. He was the BEST.
Our chickens are more chill with our dogs too! They do avoid them, but the other day my only brahma pretty much ran right under Aspen's nose. :lol:

i remember one night i heard this strange noise outside that sounded like a dying chicken. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately lol) i realised that it was my EE cockerel struggling with learning how to crow. :rolleyes:

My chickens will do anything for a treat! I was trying to close the coop door to shut up the hens but one of my silkies was wedging her neck through the door and pecking the cracked corn just outside the door. I pushed her gently and she still refused to go in. I swear, i could have fully closed that door and decapitated her and she still would have eaten the corn. I had to push her pretty hard into the coop with my foot. Silly ginger:lol::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom