1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny story about Guinneas

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by marymac, Mar 12, 2009.

1. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    I just got an email from a friend that I gave my 6 Guinneas to. He had a total of 11 Guinneas and gave them to 2 friends who live a little distance apart. Well today the Guinneas came back to my friends home, which is about 2 mi. away. Not only did the original 11 return home, they brought 7 more with them:lau [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. This has got me laughing, I can't stop!!!! So it sure is true, they find their way back home.

2. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

That IS Funny, bet they'll travel back and forth if you let them, the ones from the friend's will want to go back, and bring them all, then they'll go to the other house... it'll be the "Traveling Guinnea Gang" !

3. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:It's always best to blindfold guineas when moving them to a new home. You should also make a lot of turns and backtrack a bit on the way. It will confuse them. [​IMG]

4. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Quote:I never even thought about them going back and forth. Now that would be funny!!! Especially if the "Travelling Guinnea Gang" grew in numbers!!!

5. I was always told to take ALL your Guineas to a new place and keep them in the dark without a view of the outside world. Then when you get them to the new location you are suppose to keep them locked up for 4 weeks before you let them out.

6. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    HMMM,
    I wonder if they are like my grandkids? They go between my house and their other grandparents house and hit us both up for the "good" snacks. [​IMG]

7. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh, that's hysterical that they even brought their new pals along! [​IMG]

The new ones must have really wondered where they were going, on that road trip! What an adventure!

8. chickorama

chickorama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Massachusetts
    There's no place like home!

9. dale

dale Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2008
    I heard about this as a kid, it was called the Pied Piper [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by