1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"funny" story

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by hchorselover, Oct 29, 2010.

1. hchorselover

hchorselover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    So I just thought I would share with you this "funny" story

So today I was watering the chickens and along the way back to the chicken coop (with a FULL waterer) I started swinging it upsidedown to see if the water would fall out (jut for no reason) then on one of the swings upside down the top slid out of the plastic holders and fell and without the top the water came POURING down on me [​IMG] and the worst part was it was FREEZING and I was already pretty cold because of the weather. I have learned my lesson... [​IMG]

2. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    [​IMG]
    Live and Learn.....I'm sure you're not the first that that's happen to....bettcha ya never do it again! Hope ya took a hot shower so you don't get sick![​IMG]

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] I know for sure that you are not the first that has had something like this happen to them. It is very funny because you told on yourself. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sounds like something that I would do. Welcome to the club.[​IMG]

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Bless your heart! [​IMG]

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Gravity... it's not just a suggestion. It's the LAW!

[​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sounds like you have a great sense of humor...I like that! Dont feel bad, I've pulled few bonehead stunts myself lol.

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

The sheer number of times I really have walked into a door (when it was open mind you), or hit my head on the ventahood or the corner of the 'bar' (you know, that corner that's been there the whole four YEARS we've lived here) or how about when I put groceries away in the top cabinet and don't close the door and after putting away in the lower stand up and blammo smack in the head... or the bathroom, stock up the paper in the cabinet, don't close it and then Eyes Wide Open bend down and blam corner to the head.

Some days I really wonder about my IQ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by