Future Chicken owner

You probably know this, but just a warning so you know, you have read so much on here probably of chickens jumping in people's laps an stuff, that the chickens you will run into will most likely be skittish and afraid of people. (Like a normal farm chicken, lol). You CAN win them over, just give them time treats and they will learn to LOVE you.
love.gif

My DH is from South America, and he really has a hard time understanding the "pet factor". Bad enough people here have dogs and cats, but heaven forbid his wife has gone and bought chickens and made pets of THEM! He just shakes his head, and is always asking me if he can eat them, but is only kidding me. I sometimes see him on the sly, talkin to them, or feeding them treats. I still havent got him to HOLD them yet, the one that really endeared itself to him by jumping on his wrist and pooping on him died of crossbeak at a young age, now I think he is afraid to get attached.
sad.png

Jill

ps Good luck on your journey!

smile.png
thank you

(yes <---- smilie addict
big_smile.png
)

I talked to him about it and we made a deal, no eating my animals until we leave or if the family buys them from me. We can eat chicken, just not MY chicken!

And I'm not choosing the victim who will be dinner either.
ep.gif

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Food not fr...
wait wait, no.
Frends not food!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom