fuzzi's May (First Time With Shipped Eggs) Hatch-a-Long Thread, all are Welcome!

I checked on Tamar's eggs. Tamar was NOT on her nest, she was perched on the back of my chair, fluffed up and announcing her state. I checked her eggs and found one that had pipped!
:ya

I made an immediate executive decision, and slid the pipped egg under Rahab, who has been faithfully brooding two faux eggs for almost three weeks.
;)

My plan is to take the incubator chicks out to Rahab after dark...and place them under her.
:fl
How exciting! :celebrate

I took the three chicks that had hatched outside to the coop. I checked the pipped egg I'd placed under Rahab earlier, but nothing had progressed. As I reached underneath Rahab she gave me a strong peck, not painful, just firm. I took one chick in my hand, reached under Rahab using the back of my hand to lift her slightly, then placed the chick underneath her body. I repeated the manoeuver two more times, so that all three chicks were covered. As I placed the second chick underneath she bent over and gave it a gentle peck. After the third was placed underneath Rahab seemed to settle down, relax, and looked glassy-eyed.

I think she, and they, will be fine.
:love:celebrate:wee

IMG_20240524_203338002~2.jpg

IMG_20240524_203645740.jpg

Last edited:
One of my chicks just hatched and just as I suspected was the chunkiest chick I've ever had. It has fat rolls, giant body, chubby feet and an adorable face. Thus the name, chunky. It always did look bigger than a normal embryo.

Back
Top Bottom