Fuzzy's Farm

Nova, Fuzzy, and Others,

Why is it I never met any women like you when I was in a position/condition to bond with them ? You are amazing. I'm not trying to be a wise asp. I'm just impressed by all the things you do. I think I really never met any such self reliant ladies. Good for you. And best of luck to you too.

Well BobBry, my daddy taught both my sisters and myself to be able to be self reliant cuz there was no guarantee that a man would always be there. I kept that in mind, and maybe that is why I don't have one really. To strong willed and to "I'll do it myself". My sisters on the other hand, my youngest, she can and does when needed, but she is working on hubby number 4. Her last hubby, she'd still be with but he passed from intestinal cancer 2.5 years ago. My older sister she has NEVER been a do it yourself kinda girl. Don't get me wrong, I will ask for help when I really need too. But if I can, I will just do it.

I met a lady at the brake shop when my brakes hit the floor and stuck... She was in there because she didn't know how to put air in her tire. Not kidding. She said she never had to. Her DH always did those things. He got deported and now she has to fend for herself. She has 4 daughters, no sons. I asked her why they didn't help her. She said they don't know either. They are in highschool and middle school. I suggested kindly that she aught to find some one to teach them these things, be able to at least change the tire, check the oil, coolant, etc. before they get a license. A man will not always be there, and where will it leave them if they are standed with a flat tire in the middle of no where? She said it was a good idea, and maybe She'd get an uncle to teach them how to do it.

I never built anything in my life before this coop. Nothing is ever square, but it is sturdy. I have imagination, and I have power tools.

I didn't learn good cooking from my mom. I took classes at school. I also learn how to use a sewing machine, took metals and wood shop. I am with out a doubt weird. But I'd like to think I can handle whats thrown at me. I'd like to think that my boys will not grow up expecting to have their wives do everything while they don't do anything. I will teach them to cook, clean, fish, build, what I can with car maintainence... Maybe a bit of hobby farming... My oldest wants to be a farmer. His dad thinks he's better than that... Should do more than that, and maybe he is right. But I think, if wants to know it, I will do what I can.

So I guess I can thank my dad for teaching me to be self reliant, but I can also curse him because there are not a lot of men out there that appreciate it, and a lot more now adays that are taking advantage of it in a not so nice way.

My oldest wants to be a farmer. His dad thinks he's better than that... Should do more than that, and maybe he is right. But I think, if wants to know it, I will do what I can.
Whether he's better than that or should do more than that doesn't mean anything. If the boy has a passion for it then let him at it. Keep teaching him what he wants to know, Nova, because you're doing it right.

Now, if I put myself to it, I can usually figure my way through it. I can do basic check-ups on our vehicles, but have yet to get in there with any tools for self-maintenance like the rest of you. However, if it had to be done, it would be me trying and not DH. We both know that I'm more mechanically minded. In exchange, he's the builder.

My oldest wants to be a farmer. His dad thinks he's better than that... Should do more than that, and maybe he is right. But I think, if wants to know it, I will do what I can.
Being a farmer is, in my opinion, the only honest job there is anymore. You earn your money honestly and you also learn values. You work hard for what you have and you don't just flitter it away. I have been a farmer well over 30 years. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Nova, Fuzzy, and Others,

Why is it I never met any women like you when I was in a position/condition to bond with them ? You are amazing. I'm not trying to be a wise asp. I'm just impressed by all the things you do. I think I really never met any such self reliant ladies. Good for you. And best of luck to you too.
A bad and abusive marriage taught me !!!! When I left him after 10 years I made myself a promise.....I would NEVER EVER rely on another man for anything. That is what made me as independant as I am today. I ask no man for anything. I've done brakes, tires, transmissions, and starters. I depend on me and no one else.

Quote:Originally Posted by BobBry I was thinking that of this thread, all of us girls are kinda tough birds! :D We cook, clean, do awsome art stuff, AND build stuff and do car stuff! lol. Why can't any of you live closer??? lol.
Quote:Originally Posted by NovaAman x 2! It isn't appreciated, and it does cause conflict and arguing sometimes. I get mad more i think because i know what needs done, and so i can see it when it isn't. I have often wondered if ignorance is bliss, but then those are the girls that are trapped when their car dies on the side of the road......

Quote: Originally Posted by dgeter :D I see you have a book about a fuzzy hen? Good to see a writer! :)

Quote:Originally Posted by RBahmer wanna earn some extra $$$ ??? LOL

I learned to be independent from my mom, after she raised us on her own. She wasn't as independent as I am, but worked very hard at trying to learn and showed us girls that it was possible to do it alone if need be.

I decided to learn about cars in earnest after getting ripped off a few times really badly at the auto shop. The final straw was going to a shop in FL do try to figure out what was causing the noise in my brakes, i had just had the pads replaced before making the drive from MI. The shop put my car on a lift and dissassembled the brake system, and unhooked the sway bar; then told me that i needed $600 in repairs! I knew it didn't because DH had just checked it out the month before; they told me that my car was unsafe and no way were they releasing it to me without the work!

I guess they didn't know that us MI girls were tough, because i walked a couple miles back home in over a hundred heat, to get DH and then we BOTH walked back, boy was he steamed! Told them what was what, it was priceless :) I signed a release and drove home. Turned out that I was missing a tiny piece out of the brake system, was a $3 fix! All the rest of the brake system was great, and here they were trying to charge me $600!

Back
Top Bottom