"FWD. fwd. fwd" Please check this out.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rancher hicks, Mar 14, 2013.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    On occasion I get "FWD" emails of events that happened or were supposed to have happened and passed along as fact.

The most recent being the little girl who approached a group of soldiers in an airport and asked one of them to give something to her daddy.

While these "true" stories are heart warming, in many cases they are made up to tug at our heart strings. Yes I do believe in God and angels and all that.

What I don't need is made up stories. I believe in miracles probably more than some, but I have yet to receive a dime or any surprised blessings for forwarding an e-mail to ten people in the next ten minutes.

AND I especially don't need these so called miracle e-mails that will result in doom if I don't. No one in my family's life is connected to the internet in such a way as to be hurt or killed if I don't forward an e-mail.

NOW if you are going to forward an e-mail about some event please check with SNOPES to verify whether it is true or false or half true first. BEFORE you send it to your entire list of contacts.

As to the a fore mentioned story. I will wear red on Friday. Whether it will encourage anyone in our military depends on whether or not they all know why I'm wearing red. They might just assume that was the color of shirt I pulled out of the closet that day.

Personally I find it much more helpful to walk up to them and shake their hand and say thank you for their service. Awkward yes, but much more effective. Even better if you are standing in line at a restaurant or fast food place and you can afford it, offer to pay for their meal.

Finally if you want to forward me an e-mail offering a blessing with no strings attached feel free. Heaven knows I can use a few blessings right now. [​IMG]

As for you and yours? I wish you the best, and that goes for your chickens and other animals too. Some of the nicest people I know are chickens.

Rancher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by