FYI water container

dawglvr

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 23, 2009
Carlisle PA
wink.png
I just happened to have a pampered chef crock, the big roast ones and put it out last week to water my goat and chickens. And lo and behold the water has not fozen yet. Its 23 this morning and not even a crust of ice on top. Thought I would just pass this along...

omg!!!! All my flocks had frozen water this morning and we are in South Texas!!!!! ok, Crock...inard....as in like a crock pot that has the glass bowl that goes inside the cooking part of a slower cooker?....Im trying to find a solution we are suppose to hit 18 later today for a few days....

I need it for chickens, How would I fix it so that they dont drown, or poop in it?????

no its stoneware but at 18 it will freeze but not as fast...expensive, pampered chef. I just had picked it up over the summer at a yard sale. My regular plastic pan froze and cracked so just put this out and it works better but will eventually freeze. Its seems to be a deep freeze for most of us.

go online and buy a plastic water bottle that plugs in with a thermostat MINE works great and its been 9 degrees at night

Back
Top Bottom