G. Q. F. Cabinet Incubator and Hatcher Pair on Craigslist. Is it a fair price?

LaynaDon95

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Texas
I found a G. Q. F. Cabinet style incubator, model 1266 with an acrylic door, coming with a G. Q. F. cabinet style hatcher, model 1270 with a wooden door on Craigslist. They are listed $600.00 for the pair. It says they are in excellent condition with both thermostats working perfectly. All the baskets are included and the manuals. The problem is, I have no idea if that is a fair price. I found another add, about the same, but with both acrylic doors, on Ebay, but it was $800.00.

I can't find these models on G. Q. F.'s website, I'm assuming they are out of date and not sold by them anymore. Are they good incubators/hatchers? Are they worth $600.00?

The older 1200 series incubators are good units. They usually have 2 wafers wired in series and are reliable and easy to work with. I actually prefer them to the newer ones with electronic thermostats.
Unfortunately, the 1266 and the 1270, if I am not mistaken are probably set up for Emu or Rhea eggs and would require some rework to use them for chicken or duck eggs. This may mean additional investment before they will do what you want them to.
A fair price is what is agreed upon by the buyer and the seller. I would offer $400 and go from there.

I was talking to my mom and we thought the same thing. $400 is about as much as we thought would be fair for them, especially having to remodel them a bit, but I didn't know for sure. Thanks. :)

I paid $200 and $250 for my used units.

Of course I wanted to be sure they were up to snuff, so I totally tore them apart, cleaned every part and put them back together. I also replaced the wafers since they are only a few bucks each.

The older units work just as well as the newer ones (I have both), in fact, I like them better.

If you buy both an incubator and a hatcher.... even if set up for Ratites, there's no modifications necessary. However if you want to incubate and hatch in the same unit, just remove the bottom tray and turning rack and lay it on the floor of the unit. Since that only leaves two turning trays you can just set eggs every 9 days instead of 7 and reset when you place the eggs from that tray in the hatching tray on day 18. Pain in the rear, but I hatched that way for several years when I only had one unit.

Incubators are popular on ebay right now. Really good prices. If I was you I would put the up for acution starting at .99. for 7 days. Price creates a bidding frenzy and you will see a bunch of bidders and should get a good price. Maybe even more then you were hoping for.If you want some more help or info text me at 2158705228. Trish

Back
Top Bottom