Gaah! Can't decide...

An Easter egger might be fun. They come in all different colors. I just got some a couple weeks ago. . It has been fun finding out what colors they will be. Each has their own color feathering. Later, it will be fun seeing what color egg each will lay..green, blue, pink, or maybe even brown?

If you live in the city and want quiet birds, don't get Welsummers!!! Ours are so loud! Our quietest birds are Giant Blue Cochins, so sweet, too! They are decent layers but nothing to brag about. Good winter layers. They all have different personalities, but are VERY docile and follow us around. Nice to kids. NO egg song from ours, very quiet when laying. Alsmost too submissive, the only other bird in with them is an EE who was getting beat up in our main flock, no SHE is top bird with the cochins! EEs and Cochins seem to be a good mix, EEs are a little louder though. Good luck in your choice, I think Buff orps would go well with Cochins, thier fluffy butts are so cute!
lol.png

Last edited:
Our Speckled Sussuex have been relatively quiet. Some of the Welsummers are load, talking all the time. A couple are very quiet. Depneds on the bird perhaps. Our Ameraucana are quiet.

My EE's (their colors are so pretty....you never know what your going to get
smile.png
) and Ameruacana's are very quiet too. They are great layers and get along with everyone. They are not too big of a bird either.

Oh my gosh.....I almost forgot about Wyandottes...what sweethearts and beautiful. Smaller bird, nice personalities, good layers of a medium sized almost pinkish colored eggs.

Okay I'm sorta thinking of getting a Buff Orp, Red Star, Speckled Sussex, and Delaware... but I like Wynadotes too I really can't decide Lol! These will also be my first chickens if that makes a difference.

Thoughts Anyone???

Last edited:
They all sound like great choices to me. I wanted Delawares so bad last year, bought 5 from a gal and they ended up being all LEGHORNS!!!!!
rant.gif
Sold them quick fast and in a hurry. Ahhhhhh..... Delawares, they will be mine (someday
wink.png
)......oh yes......they will be mine..... when I find a breeder that is pretty close to me!
smile.png

So many choices and never enough coop space. Good luck and congrats on your new adventure. You'll love it! Pretty soon you'll be just as addicted as the rest of us!

Last edited:
Buff Orpingtons are sweet, friendly, broody, lay lots large light brown eggs. ( I have 1 Buff Orpington that is broody right now. )
Or if you want X - Large eggs, then go with the Black Jersey Giants.
smile.png

Last edited:
I pm'd the OP. Face it if you don't get one that lays colored eggs , green/blue you'll regret it. Besides the more time you spend w/ your chickens the friendlier they'll be.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom