Gabapentin

Aww. Poor thing! I just posted a link to poultryDvm that says the syrup has xylitol and not good for them
So if dogs can't have xylitol either why would my vet issue this for my dog. Still confused, my vet trying to kill my dog?

Is the chick having seizures? Is that why you are thinking to use it? There are other things you can give for pain and inflammation.
So if dogs can't have xylitol either why would my vet issue this for my dog. Still confused, my vet trying to kill my dog?
Does the bottle list inactive ingredients? Xylitol would be listed there if it is in the one you have.

Xylitol is in the compounding syrup, not in the active ingredient. Not all compounding syrups contain xylitol.

If the medication came from your vet's office or a veterinary compounding pharmacy, it probably does not have xylitol.

I don't know. I just posted what I found on the poultrydvm website. Call your vet? Maybe yours is compounded for dogs.
Thats what I'm saying there is noting that says yes or no. My vet isn't fluent on chicken but I'm going to call them, I keep hitting walls when it comes to chickens cans and cants. Thanks for your help

Thats what I'm saying there is noting that says yes or no. My vet isn't fluent on chicken but I'm going to call them, I keep hitting walls when it comes to chickens cans and cants. Thanks for your help
The article said that it has to be formulated per patient so a call to the vet is probably not a bad idea. I really hope they can help

If your vet gave it to you for your dog, it almost certainly does not have xylitol. If you got it from a human pharmacy, don't use it.
Thank you and me too, she needs something to take
What does she need to take something for?

Back
Top Bottom