Gabbard Farms

I am not one to jump on the band wagon to give someone a bad reputation. But recently I made a purchase from Gabbard Farms. The egg color and size was great, Had they all hatched I would be able to tell you the quality of the bird. However, the only thing I can comment on is the poor packing of the eggs that arrived. 24 total. The BLRW were all very small, almost leads me to believe they may be Bantam...Only three hatched, they are healthy and do not show any signs of deformities other than being very small for hatchlings. However the BLRW eggs were small ranging from 1.2 to 1.5. They are a few weeks old and doing well. As for the remaining 12 only one hatched. I can honestly say its not the incubator...

When I first received the eggs, they were poorly wrapped in tub fashion with the ends open, the box had a lot of open moving space. Several eggs were rolling around freely in the box. After candling, I found several cracked and others showed signs of early incubation and early death. Several had detached membranes some were scrambled. I gave every egg the benefit of the doubt, and placed them in the bator. On day 25 I removed what was left (18 eggs) and examined the contents, detached membranes, scrambeled eggs, the ones I had marked as early death upon arrival had in fact died early , 4 hatched, two did not pipe. I also realize the percentage of eggs hatched from shipped eggs, I expected a low hatch. What I did not expect is to find incubated eggs shipped to me along with them rolling around in the box. I did send an email about three weeks ago. I was not ugly, however I was forward and upfront with what I had received in the mail.

I have not received a phone call, or correspondence concerning my shipment. Negligence is what I call their practices. I did not ask for replacements, or any refund. Their silence tells me they knew what they were shipping and the manner in which they shipped the eggs. An innocent person is very defensive, a guilty person sits back quite because they do not know what to say..................

Anyone ordering from their should expect the same. I will never order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom