Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
Yeah, they were actually I little bit too small, so I had to snip one of the corner braces for each egg slot. It worked great after that.
100% wouldn't work for Georgia's eggs. They are absolutely massive.
The link you sent is a different one, but I like it better than the one I bought. Mine is actually a nine egg instead of yours being a seven egg tray. That was why my tray was too tight on the eggs.
The younger hens that lay smaller eggs would probably fit in the nine-slot you have. My Pom also lays a small egg.

100% wouldn't work for Georgia's eggs. They are absolutely massive.

The younger hens that lay smaller eggs would probably fit in the nine-slot you have. My Pom also lays a small egg.
Yeah, I bet the nine egg tray would probably be alright for breeds like Chinese and Roman, but for large breeds go for the seven egg tray or snip the pieces.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CourdtCreations
This person has some! They also have other neat attachments (I want the lid raiser... the baby geese get cramped!)

The store I got mine at seems to be closed now. Thats sad.

Speaking of which, we have 1 survivor goose egg in our nr360 right now that I just put into quarantine. We started a bit too early and most of the eggs weren't fertile. Hopefully this single one hatches successfully.

@JRies, I know you have geese, so this thread might fit you well. I hope it’s fun or helpful!
Thanks for including me! Do you remember musical chairs when you were a kid. Were in the middle of musical pen breading season.
2 boys fell in lust with one girl 2 girls fell in love with one boy. My oldest girl grabbed the best quality gander and will breed any other girl who comes close to him just so she thinks she is serviced. Then she will let them lay there eggs in her nest but they better evacuate as soon as there done. Life would be so boring without geese.
On the high note the guy with the property above me raises cows and Iv gone through so many weaning seasons, fireworks, running tractors at midnight, barking dogs.. ect... Now they get to wake up to breeding season (who needs a rooster.....
PS 2 more hatched this morning were up to 5

Thanks for including me! Do you remember musical chairs when you were a kid. Were in the middle of musical pen breading season.
2 boys fell in lust with one girl 2 girls fell in love with one boy. My oldest girl grabbed the best quality gander and will breed any other girl who comes close to him just so she thinks she is serviced. Then she will let them lay there eggs in her nest but they better evacuate as soon as there done. Life would be so boring without geese.
On the high note the guy with the property above me raises cows and Iv gone through so many weaning seasons, fireworks, running tractors at midnight, barking dogs.. ect... Now they get to wake up to breeding season (who needs a rooster.....
PS 2 more hatched this morning were up to 5
Your welcome! I know exactly what your talking about. This is my first year breeding geese and the dynamics are pretty different from my other livestock. Post some pics of your hatchlings if you can… I still have 12 more days with my incubator, so I’m pretty anxious.

A wise old friend not forgotten.

Attachments

• daisy.JPG
    daisy.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 15
2 that hatched the 3rd and one from the 7th in one photo other is the 2 babies from 1pm yesterday. Mine all take 31-32 days for hatch sory about the dirty puppy pad they get them changed out in the morning. The tall one in the front is my first and so far only Holderread Johnson Dewlap Buff African. The younger girls eggs are not making full term but that is expected with heavyweight geese in the first year. The Buff girls will be one year old in 2 weeks and my browns next month.

Attachments

• a 002.JPG
    a 002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • a 003.JPG
    a 003.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 7
2 that hatched the 3rd and one from the 7th in one photo other is the 2 babies from 1pm yesterday. Mine all take 31-32 days for hatch sory about the dirty puppy pad they get them changed out in the morning. The tall one in the front is my first and so far only Holderread Johnson Dewlap Buff African. The younger girls eggs are not making full term but that is expected with heavyweight geese in the first year. The Buff girls will be one year old in 2 weeks and my browns next month.
They are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom