Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
Perhaps my geese aren't completely ineffective as guards after all!
I was doing the feeding outside this morning when I saw a huge hawk swoop down into the duck pen. All four of the geese opened their wings, screamed, and ran towards it. They happened to be pretty near whichever duck the hawk was targeting. I know if they had been down the hill they could have done nothing at all but I was impressed they actually challenged it.
The hawk flew away with nothing. I'm sure it will be back, though. 🙄

Perhaps my geese aren't completely ineffective as guards after all!
I was doing the feeding outside this morning when I saw a huge hawk swoop down into the duck pen. All four of the geese opened their wings, screamed, and ran towards it. They happened to be pretty near whichever duck the hawk was targeting. I know if they had been down the hill they could have done nothing at all but I was impressed they actually challenged it.
The hawk flew away with nothing. I'm sure it will be back, though. 🙄
Flex 😄

Another week another 2 babies hatch. I dont care what anyone says every hatch has its issues. Lets start with my fault and I totally take the blame. Im breading a production grey African goose to a buff dewlap African boy. They choose each other. Here eggs are huge but the babies who are buff are even bigger. So yes I have to assist when there is a buff girl in the shell.. So cute one wiggled for the last 24 hours and had a air hole went to work today the other one was almost hatched when I got home and yep still wiggling with the same air hole. So yes I pealed her back the one with the red on the neck is the one I helped its critter color Simple question has anyone else found that when the father throws the color he also throws the size.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    429 KB · Views: 10
Ok now there are 13 in the new baby gaggle. My whites Africans came from Johnson's waterfowl this week and today was intro day. The 2 taller are the babies I posted about there now 3 weeks old both are girls (dna egg shell tested) and doing great at raising there gaggle. I think the girl geese are ment to be mothers from day one. They have both taken to the job. Normally my geese would have been working themself to the brooder area in the barn but this year they have a bedroom in my house. Geese are just amazing.

Attachments

• whites intro.jpg
    whites intro.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom