Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
My two turned 11 today!!
20220420_084820.jpg
20220420_084345.jpg

Not yet. Have eggs in the incubator and they're about 14 days in.
I've got ten with the flock, two inside with me, and four in the hatcher. They don't like the week old baby. They hiss at her and chase her away from them. The other baby was having some trouble so I brought it back in. The four in the hatcher get to go out today and we'll see how they do. They took them for a nice walk to play in puddles and eat grass yesterday afternoon after work.
I feel like you've answered this, but did the Silkies who incubated your goslings raise them at all, or did you take them away?

Last edited:
We have quite a few goslings getting big now. We also just got a healthy shipment from Metzer, have 8 about to hatch (though some of those are questionable since they went through two major power outages), and one lonely gosling, Jay, who was the only viable guy in his batch of eggs in the hatcher. I’m hoping Jay can integrate with the new goslings once they recover from shipping.

Metzer babies! We’ve got a bigger brooder ready for them, they’re a bit cozy.
3C657058-12CD-485F-A20A-0FF2922EE554.jpeg

Jay bird, the lonely gosling, Toulouse/Chinese cross. He adopted my daughter and screams for her when she’s out of sight. All but 3 of our goslings have had the same Chinese father, that boy gets around! Our Toulouse and Embden ganders are just starting to pair off and hopefully be more successful, they’re all about a year old, though.
E74E3497-E1C9-4FAD-8DF2-FF83D1662E41.jpeg

I've got ten with the flock, two inside with me, and four in the hatcher. They don't like the week old baby. They hiss at her and chase her away from them. The other baby was having some trouble so I brought it back in. The four in the hatcher get to go out today and we'll see how they do. They took them for a nice walk to play in puddles and eat grass yesterday afternoon after work.

I feel like you've answered this, but did the Silkies who incubated your goslings raise them at all, or did you take them away?
They raised them for a few days then they prefered staying with my geese more then the silkies

We have quite a few goslings getting big now. We also just got a healthy shipment from Metzer, have 8 about to hatch (though some of those are questionable since they went through two major power outages), and one lonely gosling, Jay, who was the only viable guy in his batch of eggs in the hatcher. I’m hoping Jay can integrate with the new goslings once they recover from shipping.

Metzer babies! We’ve got a bigger brooder ready for them, they’re a bit cozy.
View attachment 3072579

Jay bird, the lonely gosling, Toulouse/Chinese cross. He adopted my daughter and screams for her when she’s out of sight. All but 3 of our goslings have had the same Chinese father, that boy gets around! Our Toulouse and Embden ganders are just starting to pair off and hopefully be more successful, they’re all about a year old, though.
View attachment 3072582
Such cuties.
They raised them for a few days then they prefered staying with my geese more then the silkies
Mine are doing alright with the ten. Not sure why they were bullying the one older gosling so much. But she's back inside. The Pomeranian hen and the GLO seem to be sharing, so I'm sure the goslings that hatch will prefer their mother.

We've got 8 in the incubator due for sometime next week I think, another 10 in an incubator for like 3 weeks probably? and then we have a broody mama sitting on around 5 eggs or so for just a week so far.

I'll try to get pictures of my little puff balls today after work. They are super cute. The American flock has 15 goslings currently and another nest of eggs to go. The Pomeranian hen is still sitting.

Anyone have babies yet? 😬
Sadly my incubator eggs didn’t hatch… they developed until about day 10, I’m trying to pinpoint the problem, maybe because it was their very first clutch of eggs?

Although I do have a goose setting atm. She’s about 18 days in now, so I’m hoping for her to have some success. :fl

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom