Galvanized Waterer Leaking

glenrum3248

Hatching
Aug 10, 2022
I have two different metal galvanized waterers leaking completely out when putting the cover on. As these are based on gravity I'm not sure how to adjust them to stop the leakage. It's not a leveling issue as I have tried that. Any advice?

I have two different metal galvanized waterers leaking completely out when putting the cover on. As these are based on gravity I'm not sure how to adjust them to stop the leakage. It's not a leveling issue as I have tried that. Any advice?
You might try taking them out of the chickens' space and using paper towels to find where they are leaking. If you have the kind of waterer I think you have, then check top by filling it with water and turning it upside down and checking the bottom.

Those water buckets depend upon a solid seal and a vacuum not to overfill the lower trough. Try cleaning the bejesuz of of it and straightening out any dents and dings. Also check like the person above recommended for any leaks in that bottom trough.

I've had mine do that before when I thought they were sealed but the cover hadn't actually gone down all the way. I give them an extra little push down now and I haven't had any trouble since. If you check and can't find any leaks, that may be worth trying. What I found is that if the cover isn't down all the way it ends up pressing on the little tab thing that makes the water go out, which usually would only be triggered by a reduction in water level.

Back
Top Bottom