Game Cameras

Rammy

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Tennessee
I recently bought a Moultrie iSpy40 game camera. Ive only had it a few weeks and the first couple days it was working perfectly. But since it got rained on, like the fifth day, it wont take pictures after midnight it seems. I tested it last night by bringing it into the house where I have very active housecats who run around the house all night keeping me awake it seems, and it didnt take any pictures between 12:30 until I got up around 6 this morning. Do you think that the rain somehow screwed something up in the camera? If so, Im very ticked off because this thing wasnt cheap. I got it to 1) see what critters had/have been coming around my chickens, and 2) I had someone in my barn and messed around up in the loft and knocked down some hay. When that happened, I thought, ok, barn cats running around, hay bales werent that secured, knocked them down since they were on the edge, but then I noticed a full baled of hay, with the strings still attached, in the corner of my horse's stall. It had to be carried in there. So, it is a combination critter cam and who the hecks messing in my barn cam. Anywho, any suggestions? I am calling the company to ask them when they open this morning. If anyone else has had this problem and fixed it, I would like to know so I dont have to send or take it back. Thanks.

Rammy

I think it is defective and I would definitely return it for a replacemnt. Maybe they can send the replacement and give you x amt of days to return yours in teh same packaging.

I was hoping this thread was about what kind is best, because I was thinking about getting one myself.

I'm also a bowhunter and have had great results with Cuddeback Game Cameras. I have two of them placed around my coop/run. You'll be suprised by what you get photos of. Trip speed and battery life are two things that you want to keep in mind when shopping for game cameras. Good luck.

I called Moultrie today and the person I talked to said I have a 12 month warranty on it and there shouldnt be any reason for it not to work. I told them I put it back on factory default, checked the IR aim to see if it had been messed up somehow, and even brought it inside to see if it would take pictures of my inside cats who are constantly running around, and nothing. I dont see how, for the first week, it took pictures like clockwork, and after it got rained on, it takes pictures when it wants. Sometimes it takes 3 at once, like its set to do, sometimes it takes only one or two. There are huge gaps between when it takes pictures. I mean, one night, it took a picture at around 9:30, then nothing until 6 the next morning? I cant believe that nothing, not even my barn cats, who are in and out all hours of the night, didnt trip this thing up. I would of tested it on my nights off, but once I hit the sheets, Im out.
smile.png
I moved it today to another location to see if it will take pictures there, if it doesnt, Im shipping it to the company. They told me where to send it and what to send with it. This thing cost me almost $200 dollars and I expected it to work longer than a week correctly.

I may look into the other one mentioned by another poster. This really ticks me off.

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom