Game feed for layers

Cardoza Farms

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 14, 2013
So I picked up some game feed today, it looked very appealing, I'm new to chickens I'm raising birds for eggs and some heritage birds for meat is this feed ok just to give by itself or do I still need to give the laying pellets and flock raiser to my smaller birds? It's 15% protein and has everything in it from safflower, popcorn,peas, wheat, fish oil, calcium, oats ect.....

I'm a bit surprised it is so low in protein, actually. We can buy a similar looking product that is 22% protein. But, anyhow, you bet you can feed it. It is essentially a scratch, but better ingredients. Normal old scratch is only about 9% protein, so this is a far better product. My guess is they'd love it. You will need to supplement a calcium source and with a bit of protein every two or three days, you'd be just fine feeding that.

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm gonna continue giving them laying pellets with this new feed and keep giving my meat birds the flock raiser, I'm raising heritage chickens for meat, they have about another 3 months before they can be processed...any of you feed fodder to your birds? I'm gonna start growing some for my beef cattle...

Back
Top Bottom