Game hens stopped laying

Yeah that's not what I was asking. That's not a specific type, but a whole group. Anyways, thanks for the photo, they're American games, can't narrow it down more, maybe some American game keepers can tell us. Typically we'd let the hens make a nest lay a good clutch and then go broody. Since (I assume) you're collecting eggs, their cycle might have finished
Sorry, like I said in my post I had no information on them since they were dumped. I initially posted on here when I first got them to find out what they were and was told game hens. I appreciate you being able to determine that they are American game hens. And yes I've been collecting the eggs like I do with the others. Should I be leaving them?

Not necessarily, but it's most likely that their cycle just ended. Gamefowl are really good with regulating themselves and thus lay consistently throughout their lives without huge losses in the production

Not necessarily, but it's most likely that their cycle just ended. Gamefowl are really good with regulating themselves and thus lay consistently throughout their lives without huge losses in the production
Ok, so we just have to wait for their cycle to restart then? I really appreciate the information. My other girls did the normal decreased production over the winter, but we didn't get eggs from these girls until like December so it seemed a little weird. But if they have a different cycle that makes sense.

Their cycles are a bit different, yes. Don't worry though, they'll soon start laying again, and with a little bit of luck they might go broody again!

Yeah that's not what I was asking. That's not a specific type, but a whole group. Anyways, thanks for the photo, they're American games, can't narrow it down more, maybe some American game keepers can tell us. Typically we'd let the hens make a nest lay a good clutch and then go broody. Since (I assume) you're collecting eggs, their cycle might have finished
Just noticed this post. The hen on the right is probably from a family of Hatch and the one on the left possibly Kelso or Round Head, or crosses of those families.

Back
Top Bottom