Game Reds???

LisaFoster

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
Batesville, Arkansas
I bought two pullets at a swap and the man said that they are Game Reds. I came home, looked on line trying to find them and came up empty. The closest I came was maybe American game. Has anyone ever heard of a Game Red?

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I haven't but I'm not a game bird person. I do know the game folks have lots of different strains or types or lines that have some funky names. Can you post pics of the birds?

edited cause I think my fingers been drinking without me again!

Last edited:

juliechick

Transplanted Hillbilly
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Southeast AR
They look like Games or Game mixes. The "red" one is a Wheaten color. The other one is black, as you can see, of course.
roll.png

I've never heard of "Game Reds" before, either.

ramirezframing

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Knee Deep
I haven't but I'm not a game bird person. I do know the game folks have lots of different strains or types or lines that have some funky names. Can you post pics of the birds?

edited cause I think my fingers been drinking without me again!
x2
My friend who does games can point to 4 birds (who look nothing alike) and say they are the same so yes you need a game person to ask cause it could be like Donrae says

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
Looking at the pic I agree they just look like regular game hens to my uneducated eye. The lighter one is wheaton color and the darker one looks black.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom