Games to play with a chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats funny they do that.

Mine played a game that drove me nuts. I have a timer in the coop for my lights to extend their laying time. It just feeds a low voltage system so no risk of shock or arcing. Anyways they figured out how to flip the cover up on the timer clock mechanism and randomly would have the light on. I would be going to bed and look out the window and the lights are on. Work would call in the middle of the night and what do you know 3am and the light is on. Getting the eggs in the afternoon and the lights on.

I ended that game with a new timer that the cover clips on.

The swing is a great suggestion. I am concerned with boredom as fall and winter come, any suggestions if they are having to stay in the coop due to the weather? Thanks!

I play a stupid but fun game with my girls. I look into their run while they are in the coop. When they hear me and run outside I run to the coop and look inside. It keeps them guessing where I am and gets them to exercise!
lol.png

Chicken treat balls are available at Tractor Supply. Mrs. Pickles is the only one of ours who has figured it out and isn't scared of it.

Playing keep-away with a strip of paper (too big to swallow) is a favorite with Mary Poopins.

Lucy likes to chase remote-controlled toy trucks (as long as they don't move too fast).

Last edited:
I've heard of cockfight. But its too bloody to play game with your own chickens. I'd love to know if there are interesting games for chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom