Gangly creatures

Amb3r

Chirping
7 Years
May 14, 2012

I see them everyday near the University!! There are actually 3 roos, they all look gangly. I love their temperament, the roos seldom fight and are extremely well behaved unlike the Easter chicks that turn into Velociraptors!! What breed are they? I am planning to get one for my baby!!

Thanks for your inputs. These birds are very very tall, I don't think the pics do any justice! They were very ugly as teenagers. I took these pics with my blackberry, I will see if can get better pics. Yep, there are 3 roos and 1 hen. I don't know where the third roo went. It looks exactly like the roo in the fourth pic, hostile looking. XD Have a nice day!!! I have a Giriraja Chick (my baby) that I resuced from the Molecular Toxicology Lab. The chick is a boy, so I am searching the right girl for him. Have a nice day!!

shammos (sp) or aseel (sp) since they stand just like the ones I have seen (really tall and up right), they should also look like they could kick your rear if they wanted to, or atleast the ones I have seen do

Thanks!! People tie the Asil (the fighting roos) to posts over here in India. It was really strange to see them free range. The strange thing is these roos never fight, they always hang out together like good buddies!

The Giriraja chicken are quite big, so an Asil hen would be a good pair! BTW, my baby is just 3 mo so there is still time. ;) I call him Pintu and he is friends with my adopted dog Tintu!!! So, if I get a girl chicken, I will call her Chintu. LOL. Sorry for that. I love my babies!! ^^

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom