Gapeworm?

The dose you want to give is 50mg/kg, which is 0.05ml per 100 grams.

100 grams - 0.05 ml
200 grams - 0.1 ml
300 grams - 0.15 ml
400 grams - 0.2 ml
500 grams - 0.25 ml

-Kathy

Is there any wait time for egg consumption after using safeguard? I am seeing long white worms in my chickens droppings. What are these and how can I treat them. I do put apple cider vinegar in their water but I guess its not working. Any Help?

Is there any wait time for egg consumption after using safeguard? I am seeing long white worms in my chickens droppings.  What are these and how can I treat them.  I do put apple cider vinegar in their water but I guess its not working. Any Help?

Long white worms are probably large roundworms.

-Kathy

How do I get rid of the large white round worms?

If you want to treat for just those worms, give Safeguard at 0.23 ml per pound once and repeat in 10 days. If you want to treat for all worms except tapeworms, give 0.23 ml per pound for five consecutive days.

-Kathy

Hi i have a 2 yr old easter egger who this morning i found just puffed up sitting on the roost. I took her out and she drank and ate some the went to the corner of the pen and now is just standing there all puffed up. Her poop is very watery. Could she have worms? Or maybe shes eggbound? Not sure...

Hi i have a 2 yr old easter egger who this morning i found just puffed up sitting on the roost. I took her out and she drank and ate some the went to the corner of the pen and now is just standing there all puffed up. Her poop is very watery. Could she have worms? Or maybe shes eggbound? Not sure...

She might have worms. Many things can cause what you're seeing. Have you read this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...rgency-and-supportive-care-updated-12-31-2015

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom