silkiecuddles

FortheLoveofSilkies
7 Years
Mar 1, 2015
Florida
The biggest things are:
  1. Any data missing
  2. Any broken / missing images
  3. Any formatting issues (we know about the ones in articles and are working to fix them)
  4. Anything else?
If you (or anybody) sees problems, please report them here:
Conversion Problems, Bugs, & Issues
(*quote copied from a different thread)

There are a few gaps on pages, I've noticed. They're not a big problem except for the fact that they're slightly inconvenient when scrolling.

Also, I was wondering if there is going to be an option to switch to desktop mode from a mobile device? I'm on my phone 99% of the time, so it'd be nice to have the option to switch modes if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4367.PNG
    IMG_4367.PNG
    228.4 KB · Views: 11
Also, I was wondering if there is going to be an option to switch to desktop mode from a mobile device? I'm on my phone 99% of the time, so it'd be nice to have the option to switch modes if needed.

Your device might be different but on mine if you go to the menu of your browser, in the upper right corner, when you get into the drop down menu there is an option to request desktop and that will take you to the desktop site

Your device might be different but on mine if you go to the menu of your browser, in the upper right corner, when you get into the drop down menu there is an option to request desktop and that will take you to the desktop site
Yeah, i think my device is different :p

Sure. When mobile I'm on a Droid Ultra Android phone.
I much prefer desktop to mobile sites, so usually I have desktop selected. Since I have not yet found a way to set the default to desktop in the new BYC ( it used to be at the bottom of the page), I use the Chrome browser settings instead.
In mobile Chrome there is a drop down menu in the upper right corner. In the menu is the selection "request desktop site". This takes me (usually) to the desktop version of the page I'm on. However when I move to a different page (for example from this page to my watched threads) BYC reverts to mobile and I have to request desktop again.

Other than finding things that have been moved around (kind of like after my many, many moves) I have had few problems, and I think the new BYC is going to work out just fine.

Ah, that helps, thanks! I think the main thing to keep in mind is that we don't have a mobile version of byc.

The new site is built on was called a responsive theme or responsive design. That means that the site dynamically changes its structure and design with every different sized screen. This tends to make the experience better for users and easier for developers.

For example, people on a mobile device like a cell phone or a tablet can rotate their screen from portrait to landscape and back again and we'll see the layout and design of the site dynamically change.

I'm not familiar with the Chrome feature to request desktop site, but it unfortunately seems like that is not compatible with our new design.

Back
Top Bottom