Garage coop

Hopefully this helps a little more! Front area is going to be a "lock out" food, bedding storage, or future expansion (it's a mess still lol) And then the official coop! Still need to get the window sealed up, coop door, barn fan, insulation and walls back up! But we are so so close!

Attachments

• 20200601_180758.jpg
    20200601_180758.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200601_180803.jpg
    20200601_180803.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200601_180826.jpg
    20200601_180826.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200601_180842.jpg
    20200601_180842.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200601_180849.jpg
    20200601_180849.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200601_180855.jpg
    20200601_180855.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200601_180907.jpg
    20200601_180907.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 6
Ok yes!! I can totally picture it now!! It looks very Pinteresty! It seems like a perfect space! Yippee. You guys sure have made a lot of progress fast. Dang! I had wanted to do something similar to this to our shed but it was too dilapidated for me to want to do the work lol I’m living vicariously through you. Thanks for the updates!

We gutted our house completely over the last two years, ourselves for the most part. We had a contractor come in and add on about 1,000 square feet but all they did essentially is get us dried in. We literally had to rip up the subfloor in some spaces of the original because the bathrooms had CARPET! We were surprised the toilets hadn't fallen through (we lived in the RV through that). I rewired the entire house because nothing was to code...and no I'm not an electrician 🤣 I just youtubed and asked friends...the county electrical inspector was impressed. Hubby replumbed the whole house moved washer and dryer upstairs and we laid 2200 square feet of porcelain, that was back breaking and we will NEVER do that again. So the coop thing has been a breeze in comparison lol

Oh my gosh carpet in bathrooms!! It’s so common where I live and I don’t understand!! That sounds like us! We redid our entire first floor bc one of our toilets flooded it and I also did electrical stuff going off YouTube lol! By the time I looked at our shed I decided I was over it for now. The funny thing is I thought I’d be saving myself time doing what we did but I think I just made it harder on myself in the long run! I’m sure in a few years I’ll want to rebuild the shed and at that point might even expand the coop! We have to have a fully enclosed run because our coop is in the woods with many predators and somehow I thought it would be easier to do this hoop thing. Nope. Should’ve just built a frame. Lesson learned! I don’t actually have any finished pictures ha but this is ours. I just love the space you’ve created! I’m sure it’ll inspire someone.

Attachments

• 5C96CB98-78AC-4C0A-ABC1-E7687A2638DD.jpeg
    5C96CB98-78AC-4C0A-ABC1-E7687A2638DD.jpeg
    952.5 KB · Views: 6
  • C80A37AF-CD59-4279-920B-F89A127DD28E.jpeg
    C80A37AF-CD59-4279-920B-F89A127DD28E.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh my gosh carpet in bathrooms!! It’s so common where I live and I don’t understand!! That sounds like us! We redid our entire first floor bc one of our toilets flooded it and I also did electrical stuff going off YouTube lol! By the time I looked at our shed I decided I was over it for now. The funny thing is I thought I’d be saving myself time doing what we did but I think I just made it harder on myself in the long run! I’m sure in a few years I’ll want to rebuild the shed and at that point might even expand the coop! We have to have a fully enclosed run because our coop is in the woods with many predators and somehow I thought it would be easier to do this hoop thing. Nope. Should’ve just built a frame. Lesson learned! I don’t actually have any finished pictures ha but this is ours. I just love the space you’ve created! I’m sure it’ll inspire someone.

Your coop is so stinkin cute!! We are going to start framing up our run next week! We dont have too many predators, fortunately my sil lives behind us and my mil lives behind her, hawks are a problem and then my mil use to let her chickens completely free range and coyotes got a couple of hers. So we are doing a 10x16 completely enclosed surrounding with skirt and ariel and then we will have 1/4 acre fenced in that's connected to the fully enclosed so when we are out and the kids are playing we can let them have more space....which is all most all day everyday during the summer.

And virtual high five on the remodel! I love seeing others take charge and get things done! YouTube is the best 🤣 I used youtube to start our generator when hubby was gone once too lol what on earth did we do before youtube

Oh and best part is, we had our final inspection for the remodel literally 2 days before our states shelter in place went in to effect (locked in 3.52% woot woot) so we finished our home construction roughly 8 weeks ago or so 🤣 hubby is a trooper and puts up with my A.D.D. and my "oh I had this idea" lol

Back
Top Bottom