Garden 2010 --Pic Heavy

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
Just thought I'd share the pics from last night.

Baby tomato plants
17526_june2010_064.jpg

Pea trellises
17526_june2010_065.jpg

Red Head Lettuce
17526_june2010_066.jpg

Baby Gooseberries
17526_june2010_070.jpg

One of my Peonies
17526_june2010_077.jpg

LOL I loves my garden. I just noticed all the weeds in the tomato shot... it had rained a few hours before and I guess the sun made the weeds grown more than I thought! I know what I'll be doing tonight!

Great garden!! Mine is a combination of vegetables....and weeds.
smile.png
Yours is so tidy, I bet it takes a ton of work to keep it that way.
I lose the battle every year,lol.

I'm pretty sure I'm the laziest gardener in the universe. We just have good soil. DH did most of the work last year, and this year its a lot less maintenance since we got it so cleaned up last year. I love the hand cultivator for weeding, it makes for light work. I dont like marking out rows, I free-form plant it. Drives DH crazy, but I am an artist and I like to express myself in my garden...

Quote:
It's not hard if you take precautions, in the fall I will either do in bed composting and cover my bed with black plastic to help "cook" the seeds to death or I'll just garden all year round (perks of living in a zone 9). Mostly I weed almost every week, as I see them come up while I'm out watering I just pluck them right on out. Way easier than doing a HUGE job and getting over whelmed! Plus I LOVE using those weeds to make compost.

We dont have a weeding "schedule" so much as the garden is right where we grill so I am staring at it while I cook, so in between turning meat I tend to grab a weed here or rake a row there and it stays pretty well under controll.

Yeah, my parents use a black tarp, which is what "I" need to do! I weed and weed and think they sprout the minute I have my back turned.
roll.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom