GARDEN PICS

I got strawberry plants from a flower shop and soem from my MIL's garden she wnated to down-size. Now I just need to build the boxes and buy some kind of netting to put on top to keep the birds off.

I am going to start mtfirst garden this year..now actually... It'll be a raised bed garden. I am looking into Square Foot Gardening, but I was wondering whether to start my seeds in an egg carton with organic soil..or something else. I've seen them started in eggs and in newspaper "pots". Wanted to start them in an egg carton but I was afraid it would grow moldy or something. Read somewhere that someone's did. I am just very apprehensive about starting the seeds and getting that part right so they'll thrive. Any advice?
Thanks
smile.png

I like to use newspaper pots and put them in something that will hold water, then pour the water into the container and let the pots soak up the water from the bottom, you can tell when they need water again as the pots will dry out. Only use enough water for the pots to soak up don't let them sit in the water.

nellynelly, I don't like miracle grow either, my neighbor has a coy pond and when he changes out the water he calls me and I take a 30 gallon spray tank down to his house and he pumps the old water into my tank and I spray it on my garden. Big difference from using rain water or house water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom