4A3AA60F-11AD-4971-A3BE-0E58E0CBB181.jpeg
Enjoyed a Modelo under the apple tree whilst conversing with a duck.

I think the rocks may be the right thing. Yay. I put 3-5 inch grey creek rocks around the plants and the hens have not been able to scratch them out. They do peck the leaves though- haven't found a cure for that. For my vegetable garden, I am stapling netting to some 4 ft garden stakes and putting it around the veggies until they can fend for themselves. Job one for tomorrow- I keep putting it off.

Attachments

• Chickens and roses 4.2018.png
    Chickens and roses 4.2018.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8086.jpg
    IMG_8086.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 3
Today i was out there planting onions. Lots and lots of onions. Vidalia onions and white onions. I am still not done. But last year i found onions and peppers chopped up and spread in the beds make good bug repellent. I often have some left over when cooking, so i started tossing it in the garden near my beans. It helped!

I think the rocks may be the right thing. Yay. I put 3-5 inch grey creek rocks around the plants and the hens have not been able to scratch them out. They do peck the leaves though- haven't found a cure for that. For my vegetable garden, I am stapling netting to some 4 ft garden stakes and putting it around the veggies until they can fend for themselves. Job one for tomorrow- I keep putting it off.
Very pretty! I have rocks around the perimeter of my garden, all ones i separated out from the soil while digging. Helps deter critters from digging in.

Wow, the farm didn't take any time off while we were away. Got 9 broodies on eggs, a greenhouse full of veggies and herbs ready to transplant, buckets of bare root native shrubs and brambles left over from our county soil and water district plant sale to plant and an orchard to spray. And it finally quit snowing...think we'll build a fire, brew some peppermint tea and relax tonight before hitting the ground running tomorrow.

Wow, the farm didn't take any time off while we were away. Got 9 broodies on eggs, a greenhouse full of veggies and herbs ready to transplant, buckets of bare root native shrubs and brambles left over from our county soil and water district plant sale to plant and an orchard to spray. And it finally quit snowing...think we'll build a fire, brew some peppermint tea and relax tonight before hitting the ground running tomorrow.

It's good to have you back! Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy there for a bit with plants AND babies. Hope you were able to relax while you were away, you're going to need your strength.

I fell down in the garden on the hard packed clay soil and landed hard on my poor knees. They are never going to improve at this rate. Fell over the shovel! Nothing to lean it on unless you are near the fence. :rolleyes:

That's a post I can't "like"...hope you're poor knees aren't too bad this morning Cap!

Back
Top Bottom