Are you sure they aren't actually red bell peppers? Green, red, yellow or orange, they all start out green. In my experience the orange turn sooner than the yellow and red varieties which is good because they are DD2's favorite. She says they are the sweetest.

I think I shouldn't have given up looking for zucchini after not finding any for weeks. That is an extra large mug by the way. I don't think there are any more on the plant at the moment. I guess this plant uses the "Go big or go home"plan.
DSCN2063.JPG

Do you have to peel that kind of cuke ?
Do any of you play with tractors ?
I have an Oliver 55. today I was turning my composted wood chip pile over to get rid of the weeds. all of a sudden the hydraulics quit.
We checked for a blown hose. Nope, no such luck. Next scenario , the splines on the shaft to the pump sheared off. That happened to me about 15 years ago. It is a custom made one of a kind shaft that I designed when I designed the hydraulics for the loader. 15 years ago that shaft cost me about $90.oo.
It is less than 10'' long.
I wonder what it will cost this year ? :oops: .
I know it will take weeks to get one made. So I will take the loader off and try to live without it..
.........jiminwisc.......

Do you have to peel that kind of cuke ?
Do any of you play with tractors ?
I have an Oliver 55. today I was turning my composted wood chip pile over to get rid of the weeds. all of a sudden the hydraulics quit.
We checked for a blown hose. Nope, no such luck. Next scenario , the splines on the shaft to the pump sheared off. That happened to me about 15 years ago. It is a custom made one of a kind shaft that I designed when I designed the hydraulics for the loader. 15 years ago that shaft cost me about $90.oo.
It is less than 10'' long.
I wonder what it will cost this year ? :oops: .
I know it will take weeks to get one made. So I will take the loader off and try to live without it..
.........jiminwisc.......
can you remove the 2 pieces. and have them welded together?? or there is no clearance room for a weld? :idunno

It is one piece. there is no wiggle room . the shaft has to be welded to the new splined end and then turned on a lathe. the length is critical..
when they repaired it last time, they cut the shaft and welded the new spline and a piece of shaft on. then turned it on a lathe.
I think I might not have to take the whole loader off. that would make the job much easier and quicker..
I do have to take the radiator off..
.....jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom