I checked my trees. the apple and cherry trees which had green buds, now have black buds. the frost must have got them. I wonder if they will send out new buds or will they just die? they are all just whips, no branches, no leaves. Any thoughts?
They should have secondary buds that will come out later. It depends on how severe the freeze was whether they will recover or not.

They should have secondary buds that will come out later. It depends on how severe the freeze was whether they will recover or not.
I am hoping that will happen.
It was not a really cold freeze, and did not last more than a couple of hours in the morning.
I planted these whips last summer.
They never developed leaves then.
I guess we just sit and wait and see.

too bad about the hazelnuts.
I planted some a long time ago. they never amounted to much. the nuts were not much larger than a pea.
finally the black walnut trees killed them.
today I am going to assemble a
T post support for a grape vine.
I hope this idea works.
GS showed me how to send pictures with this new computer.
Only problem is that the pictures are huge. We can't figure out how to diminish their size.
I picked enough rhubarb for a pie. I am the only one around here that eats it. breaks my heart. lolol

too bad about the hazelnuts.
I planted some a long time ago. they never amounted to much. the nuts were not much larger than a pea.
finally the black walnut trees killed them.
today I am going to assemble a
T post support for a grape vine.
I hope this idea works.
GS showed me how to send pictures with this new computer.
Only problem is that the pictures are huge. We can't figure out how to diminish their size.
I picked enough rhubarb for a pie. I am the only one around here that eats it. breaks my heart. lolol
Any good photo processing program contains the option to resize photos.

You have to resize the photos before you send them. With BYC, if your photos are too big, they will automatically resize them so that the largest dimension is no more than 2,00 pixels.

Even phone cameras have the option to resize pictures.

I would need to know what program you are using before I would be able to try to help you.

Any good photo processing program contains the option to resize photos.

You have to resize the photos before you send them. With BYC, if your photos are too big, they will automatically resize them so that the largest dimension is no more than 2,00 pixels.

Even phone cameras have the option to resize pictures.

I would need to know what program you are using before I would be able to try to help you.
https://fixthephoto.com/best-free-photo-resizing-software.html

I assembled a T post support for the grapes today. It did not go well. Took too long and did not look neat when I got it done. I have to come up with a plan B. After this I will definitely use U posts.
I got frost bite on three fingers yesterday. really.. I had wet hands and went to get some ice cubes out of the fridge. the cubes stuck to my fingers and I had to run water on them to break them loose. Up until this afternoon, they hurt like heck..
they still tingle and itch right now.
try it, it's fun.

Today I went to plan B with the
T post. I have the first grape vine tied to it. seven more to go. but I am still going to use U posts from now on.
going to fire up the grill for the first time this summer. Using all apple wood.
enjoy the day.

Back
Top Bottom